Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

Thanks both. Just spoke with one of my team and she said if you haven’t had Covid befeore (which I haven’t) it can come on quite and severe.

Think I’ll do a test

1 Like

Yep sounds like potential covid.

Mine hit me like a freight train too. Took the girls to school, and was all fine. By noon I was curled up on the floor in a state for the next 36 hrs.

1 Like

test is underway will be cooked at 10.10.

I actually wondered if that’s what I had last Tuesday but didn’t have any tests with me, and although it took a day or so I felt I recovered fairly quickly. But that might have been because I only had it in February.

Anyway, probably never know.

That readin article fruity mentioned before about Gomez suggested he got badly affected by it and affecting his heart, but I’d forgotten he had previous for that.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon FP

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon FP.

1 Like

Thanks. Negative for Covid which is relief as we’ve at my Mum’s house

3 Likes

I don’t wish to flog a dead horse, but LFT’s regularly report false negative. if you’re at your mums and she’s vulnerable, i would practice very good hygiene just in case.

I kind of wouldn’t mind flogging a dead horse. It might be therapeutic and the horse wouldn’t mind, being dead. But would probably get a few stares, so maybe won’t.

Hope you feel well soon FP

4 Likes

Exchange the dead horse for a printer and I’ll be right there with you.

4 Likes

Printer as in a machine or person? to be fair I’ve often wanted to try it on both

2 Likes

no point trying to flog a dead printer. Just bung it in the recyling or put it on Facebook marketplace, collection only, free.

Unless we are talking about a person of course, apparently there are laws against that kind of thing

1 Like

I’m slightly disturbed that you both immediately thought I may want to beat a person. I need to visit my posting style :grinning:

I’m trying to print a map, unsuccessfully. This came to mind.

https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8

2 Likes

I started to feel unwell Friday night, flu like, took a test and it was negative. Took another Saturday morning and positive.

2 Likes

We are back from Mum’s now, came back yesterday afternoon but I’ve been out of my house since then, so she’s the last person externally I saw.

I did think about the reliability of the tests. We have a few left, so might do another tonight.

3 Likes

Feel better soon @FatPom!

cheers mate. stomach is finally settling but my head is so hot with a headache. Joints still ache LF.

just seeing if a banana will stay down :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I’m off to see the consultant tomorrow to discuss whether I need to have an op to fix my shoulder.

It’s not “right”, but it’s not really bothering me right now. I’m fine cycling on it and seems OK when I lift stuff with that arm. I keep hearing about people who’ve had similar non-union fractures and they’ve just left it and had no problems.

I guess I just need to understand what the potential downsides are to leaving it. I don’t particularly want to have an op if I don’t need it.

Just to complicate things a bit, I started on the NHS route and switched to Bupa last month, but now it looks like my job is going in mid-November, so my Bupa will go with it. Even if I went straight into another job with private medical, they almost certainly wouldn’t cover a pre-existing condition like a broken collarbone.

I’m supposed to be doing a trip to the Alps with HotChillee in 4 weeks’ time, so if I was going to have an op I’d probably want to have it straight after that to maximise the recovery time before my Bupa ends. I think I would definitely maximise my sick-leave days if I was working my notice :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Words you don’t want the physio to say 2 months before your first marathon: “looks like a potential stress fracture”.

Managed not to cry. My own fault I guess. On the plus side he thinks it’s already a few weeks into healing and I’ve not done anything with impact in that time, and all the stuff around the ankle/fibula tendon wise etc… he says are now feeling quite strong.

So the question is whether I give it 3 weeks and potentially build up and turn up in London undercooked but able to finish below what I’m capable of. Or I call it quits now, defer my entry to 23 and spend the next 3 months feeling sorry for myself.

7 Likes

And the moral of this story is; never buy tacky souvenirs on holiday.

Ps. This isn’t me, stolen from Twitter.

6 Likes

Nasty!

If you removed the top picture, you could probably use those x-rays in a med student exam to catch out the know-it-alls. Q: What type of internal fixation is this?

I did the same once with a group I was teaching. The subject was ophthalmoscopy and the questions were about retinal pathology.

Along with the obvious stuff like diabetic retinopathy and retinal haemorrhages, I chucked in a couple of photos of the moons of Jupiter and asked what they saw. Noone got it even remotely right :man_shrugging:

Retinoblastoma

Retinal detachment

Io

Ganymede

8 Likes