Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

Think I may have dehydrated myself over the last few days, kidneys are achy bastards today

Iā€™ve always had that, along with migraine spray upstairs, downstairs, in the car and my workbag!

I think itā€™s reading glasses for me. :smile:

1 Like

Now a month since I dislocate my shoulder. I have a pretty big lump where the end of the collarbone is no longer attached to shoulder blade, however, I have full range of movement and strength is coming back. Its strange, but it really hasnā€™t held me back in training or racing.

4 Likes

have my follow up appt with the surgeon tomorrow nearly a month after my knee op.

the kneeā€™s improving but still not ready for any impact yet i.e. running, and Iā€™m a little hesitant when twisting on it so that may curb cycling for a while longer. itā€™s fine on the rowing machine and strength is returning so Iā€™ll stick with that for a while longer

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had one of those since I was 15, not really restricted things, just expecting some aches and pains in a few years when Iā€™m even older

Went to see the physio today, almost 10 days after Cots.

Turns out i donā€™t have a calf tear ā€¦ being the greedy chap that i am, i have two! The first one that i did during that brick session almost 3 weeks ago now, and then a new one as a result of the weakness at the race. First one is a soleus tear and the second one is in the tendinous attachment area between the gastroc and the achilles.

6 weeks off running completely. Boring old calf raises and theyā€™re variations for the next few weeks. Can crack on with cycling and need to do my S&C. Itā€™s all caused by my R/L imbalance where iā€™m much stronger on the right hand side. Showed her the pic of my bike at the race, and you can see my left leg is pulled inward toward the bike compared to the right. That then gets compounded causing a hip ā€˜swivelā€™ and iā€™m basically loading all my run power through my calf rather than up the chain through to the hip and away.

So if i want to stop getting these injuries i need to massively strengthen my hips, glutes etc especially on the LHS.

Pretty much what i expected ā€¦ so here we go then.

Rehab. Yay. :partying_face:

12 Likes

You knew you had to do it anyway so crack on.

How were all those imbalances identified and the significance ofnthat then extrapolated to this injury? Why now and not before assuming those imbalances, etc arenā€™t a recent development?

Or just get stronger and tell me to shut up.

1 Like

Do you need to carry an extra sandbag in the left hand now to recalibrate this?

6 Likes

Because sheā€™s been telling me that for the 8 or so years Iā€™ve been seeing her! :joy: But I never do the prehab/rehab work to address my weaknesses, instead I keep her mortgage payments up to date! :joy: :joy:

There was some science and stuff as well. I do fully trust her. She always traces my injuries back, finds the associated tightness etc. Tests me on some moves where I exhibit the strength of a newborn kitten etc etc

3 Likes

Welcome to the club!

Good luck with rehab, it strangely becomes somewhat enjoyable over time.

1 Like

I was going to post that my planatar facititis is much improved, but then I went for a dog walk and it really hurts again now. FML

3 Likes

Pre-triathlon
Broken nose x 3, 2 surgeries
Fractured cheekbone and eye socket surgery
dislocated AC joint grade 4 2 x surgeries
adductor repair surgery
2 x inguinal hernia 2 x surgery
6 x broken fingers and thumb

triathlon related
swimmers shoulder in both 6 cortisone shots
hip bursitis 3 cortisone shots
torn calf lots
AT
ITBS
tennis elbow

Injury free for 3 years now though. Touch wood.

8 Likes

Yikes @Jimmy what were you into pre-triathlon?

With that injury list, bare knuckle boxing?

2 Likes

I wondered about maybe cage fighting, could be rugby??

1 Like

looks like it. I was lucky that in 30 years of rugby I broke bugger all but had numerous injuries usually contussions, popped rib carilages, tendon issues, stitches and loads of finger joing swellings all of which are relatively easy to get over and back to playing.

as for skiing - broken both elbows (crashes - one on ice, one against a rock) plus broken L maxilla and depressed L zygomatic arch (face on into a rock - choppered off mountain unconscious).

2 Likes

Rugby. Sounds like a lot of injuries, but spread over 30 years, it didnā€™t seem too bad!

2 Likes

sad to report iā€™m in a pretty bad way and have been for about 12 hrs. Watched thr footie last night, all good then just before heading up stairs I contracted a very very painful stomach ache.

Temp soared instantly, body cold and head on fire with a migraine. Had some extreme shaking. Proceeded to chick my guts up for 12hrs and still going. Pain in my joints is very uncomfortable. and my throat os crazy dry but drinking makes me throw up.

what does shingles feel like?

6 Likes

I had similar recently and tested positive for Covid. Weirdly, it last precisely 72 hours. It was almost like a vaccine - came on suddenly and disappeared just as quick.

Hope you start to feel better soon :+1:

2 Likes

Feel better soon buddy, sounds horrible.

1 Like