Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

I had a wisdom tooth out at the beginning of the year.

As soon as the pain subsided I started exercising normally again - no swimming though, didn’t want any infection etc

My removal wasn’t stitched up though

1 Like

This is what I thought and planned to do. Maybe my dentist is being over cautious about the blood clot developing properly so I don’t get dry socket :woman_shrugging: Think when I’m feeling better, I’ll go for walks.

1 Like

I’m not medical but having had 3 wisdom teeth out on seperare occasions (hopefully my last one will survive) I found it best to keep the paracetamol topped up before the anasthetic wore off.

1 Like

Good to know thanks :blush:

Oh Anna, crap teeth, where do I start? :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

There’s a Belgian osteopath wo works with a lot of elite sports people and used to work for a fabulous multi-disciplinary clinic iin Belgium until fairly recently. He believes a lot of the injuries he sees are related to the knock on effect that having poor dental work done. An example he gave was how robust Vinent Kompany was until he had some dental work that didn’t go to plan and then he was made of biscuits. Not sure how one could go about proving this but interesting stuff.

3 Likes

My friend has had some good progress with a gonstead chiropractor for vertigo. That was possibly caused by wisdom teeth work as it started not long after they were removed

1 Like

Just read the last few Wordpress blog posts from Joe Spraggins, didn’t know anything about these trials and tribulations:

Thought that he posted on here (albeit very rarely), but a cursory search didn’t reveal a registered user.

Well wow, best wishes and thoughts going out to Joe, he’s having a rough time and I’m sure we all wish him well.

6 Likes

Och, I’ve got a metal plate on my femur, and a hip screw squarely through the fairway - you’ll be fine. Just take a good shot of whisky and bite down on something hard

:rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, it seems awful what he’s going through.

I don’t know him personally but have followed him on Insta, Strava for some time, said hello when I’ve seen him at a race.

Really rooting for him, he’s a classy guy and I’m sure he’ll pull through

3 Likes

Hadn’t realised that either, really sounds horrible. Hopefully he’ll get to the bottom of it

1 Like

Written several things, several times and deleted them all. But I hope he gets on top of it, fatigue is a horrendous thing to live with.

1 Like

I had a small blood vessel in my left eye pop at/after swimming a week or so ago.
Got up this morning, looked in the mirror :scream:

7 Likes

Have you seen the film ‘Fallen’? :wink:

Nope, I’m guessing I probably don’t want to?

1 Like

Im sure it looks worse than it is, hope so because it looks pretty bad.

2 Likes

You shall now be known as ‘Harold’ :grin:

1 Like

My Google Fu is weak, is that a character in the film? Presumably with red eyes or something.

No, I’ve mixed my (bad references). Fallen is a film about a virus that gets transferred (I thought it was through the eyes but I’m sure I’m wrong there).

Harold was just a reference to ye olde King Harold :grin:

1 Like

Well, if you plan to, I’d make it soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, hope it settles quickly…

1 Like