Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

Great intensity, there.

1 Like

I’m just finishing my week of no sport. The stitches in my mouth come out tomorrow and then hopefully I’ve got the all clear to jump about. Getting my tooth pulled really made me feel tired all week, weird how one tooth can influence the whole body. My dh thinks a weeks rest probably did me good. I just feel weak and lethargic.

9 Likes

Understandable Anna. All the teeth and gum work I had was exhausting but I suspect the heat of last week was also working against you.

I think your husband is right :+1:

1 Like

I hope my dh was right, because sitting here I can’t imagine hiking and climbing 42km with 6242m vert in the Dolomites in 2 weeks. At least it’s spread over 5days!!

1 Like

Take in the views and ‘fuel’ well :wink:

1 Like

Phoned the quacks as eye seems to be getting worse and they want me to go down this afternoon.
No discomfort or anything so hopefully just one of those things.
Ps. Ordered a blood pressure monitor for home so I can keep an eye (no pun intended) on things myself.

5 Likes

Don’t look @jeffb .

4 Likes

Think I banged myself up worse than I thought this morning. Leg and shoulder are pretty sore.

3 Likes

Fucking shoulder is worse than ever. Ive swapped to a different physio but there is a two week wait for an appointment. Im certain the last twat has made it worse .

Postive news is the planatar facitis is all but gone.

6 Likes

I was actually really surprised when I had my wisdom tooth out.

I naively thought that once the tooth was out all my problems would evaporate - took me a good few days to get over the trauma of it - you kind of forget that it is pretty invasive surgery

The rest will have done you the world of good and I’m sure you’ll start to feel spritely again after a couple of runs!

1 Like

More setbacks. Right leg was a bit sore when I went to bed, even though I cut my left knee in the fall.

About 4am I did one of those involuntary leg stretches that happen when you turn over and BANG, my left calf felt like it had been shot. I was crying out in agony and ended up on the floor. It lasted about 15 secs before I could put my leg in a position where it eased a bit but it felt a bloody hour.

Walked around a bit, took some magnesium and tried to sleep again. It’s still very tight this morning. I hope it’s not torn :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Hopefully all will be ok, I did this to mine with no ongoing issues
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 12.11.52

3 Likes

Zwift Bologna TT? :wink:

1 Like

Not boasting but bought a couple of ice packs with adjustable straps for a coupe of arm based niggles ( shoulder being no1). They have a strap to hold it in place but my arms are far to thick for the fucker to fit round.

2 Likes

On the second day of our holiday (last Saturday) i was lifting myself out of the pool andy hand slipped on the wet poolside. Landed on lower right ribs, one is still really sore. When I get moving it isn’t too bad but really affecting sleep. Nowt to do but wait for it to ease off.

8 Likes

I took a kick to the ribs at the Cotswold race. It no longer stops me doing anything, but I can still feel it…so yeah, you have my sympathy :people_hugging:

3 Likes

I broke 5 in go 13 yrs ago and still cant sleep on my right side for more than 15 mins. Damaged ribs hurt!

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure one of my lads broke one of my ribs by jumping Bruce Lee- style onto my chest from the sofa while I was asleep on my back on the carpet. He was only aged about 6 or 7. Can’t remember why I was asleep on the carpet, just remember the pain when coughing laughing or sneezing for about a month after.

11 Likes

Until I got half way through that paragraph the picture in my head of the scenario was much funnier.

1 Like

Ive never broken a bone, not so much as a finger or toe. Feel left out.