Iron Cowboy 100 IM 100 Days

This is probably the saddest bit of all.

Remember the underpants gnomes business plan?

Step 1. Collect underpants.

Step 2. ???

Step 3. PROFIT

It’s like none of them have considered how to actually make money. Whether 50/50/50 or 100/100 earn more than 100 days serving at McDonalds would be a start.

1 Like

Well, the argument there would be which job you’d prefer to do for the same money. In theory we’d all shout “Triathlon!” then in practice we might realise there’s more to life. Christ, one IM in isolation can be bad enough.

The world is littered with people who erased the joy of their hobby, by making it their job.

3 Likes

I remember @joxster saying that when he started riding for GB, it no longer was cycling, it was just a job with a lot of pressure. (Pressure is relative of course, racing bikes is not saving lives)

2 Likes

Seems like an insane achievement if he does it. Since he already did 50/50/50 (even if he didn’t technically) he needs to get above that to make this worth it surely? The film title needs to have a higher figure than 50 on it.

Loving the huge hypothetical arguments on that Slowtwitch forum also, very entertaining

He’s posted a video up slagging off SlowTwitch haters :joy:

It’s not really worth watching but it is kinda funny that it exists - it does nothing to elevate him

3 Likes

Never listened to him before.
Just have and I hate him. What a bellend.

EDIT - Hate was too strong. I was having a bad moment!
He’s not my cup of tea at all.

3 Likes

He’s started, 1 down - I don’t have IG so took this from ST discussion.

Day 1- March 1st (per IC’s IG)
Swim: 1:24hr
T1: 17m
Bike: 6:48hr
T2: 30m
Run: 5:40hr
Total: 14.41 hours

Run???
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

He’s keeping his ego in check.

Absolute. Legend. Already.

New world record? Slowest T1, T2, T1+T2 ever.

1 Like

Hey now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:wink:

1 Like

I’ve “ran” a 5:4x marathon before on one leg,
So I know the pain of a shuffle :see_no_evil:

1 Like

All p1ss taking aside, it’s an interesting balance he has to hit if he has any chance of doing 100 in 100 days.
Take as little out of himself as possible whilst still leaving enough time for adequate rest/massage/nutrition before doing it all over again tomorrow, and repeat.
Does running slowly for nearly six hours take more or less out of you than running faster for 4 hours, time on your feet vs effort level.
I don’t know the answer but wonder if that’s an intentional pacing decision and if so, is it the right one?

2 Likes

I suspect it’s a form thing. The slowest you can run without increasing the risk of injury through poor form is likely the safest strategy for this type of thing.

3 Likes

I might add him to my Strava for the duration of the attempt, make interesting viewing to see how the pace/effort level varies over time.

I suspect I may have done that to myself at the weekend. I knew I was going to run longer than I have recently so set my stall out from the beginning and calf went at less than 8km. Doh!

1 Like

Despite what we might think of his personality, this is a crazy challenge; and hopefully Day 1 signifies that he’s in this for the long-haul. Steady eddy.

1 Like

Day 2
1:26
6:54
5:49
Total - 15:06

1 Like

Is that a trend? :sweat_smile: I guess after about a week we’ll get an idea.

1 Like

Seen some comments on ST that he’s drafting on the bike so surprised the bike times aren’t quicker.