Iron Cowboy 100 IM 100 Days

Why can’t you dream big? :rofl:

2 Likes

I think when they held the triple deca a few years ago, everyone who dropped out did so in the first 5-10 days. After that, everyones bodies seemed to adapt.

You can come back from this though - just. I remember seeing Carl Atkinson at the deca in 2012 post a 21h30m ironman on day 6, get up 2 hours later and then post 19h the following day. He then did 18h for the remaining days.

4 Likes

I’ve just had a read, still a bit early in the day for those boys but the vultures are circling.

Looks like he’s picked up the bike pace, just over 6hrs today. I guess he’s trying to claw back some of the time he’s losing on the run.

Still going, day 8 was 15:17. Still running over 6 hours, so lots of walking. Feet/toes look a mess, but he does get some credit for pushing on.

3 Likes

yes and no…i guess he is not high on a mountain and in need of rescue and so the only thing he is damaging is himself…but one wonders what long term damage he is doing and for what value?

1 Like

He’s feeding the fire that burns within; the cost is irrelevant. See my Goggins comment on the 4x4x48 thread, same scenario.

2 Likes

for now perhaps…

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Still going - Deca done
Day 10 was 15:46 so not getting quicker yet but not slowing either.

1 Like

Just another 40, and he’ll be halfway there. Gulp.

4 Likes

@Doka Now do as you are told

How dare you point out all of this nasty fake news

2 Likes

Has he worked as a cow-poke on a ranch; or is that artistic licence too :laughing:

That’s not @Doka; similar but different surname.

Just seen yesterday’s marathon on Strava and it was nearly 8.5 hrs.
He had seemed to be picking the pace up a little but that can’t be sustainable.

On Slowtwits they were saying that he was being physically supported on the “run”

Ignoring the physical challenge aspects for a moment, I’m always amazed how much logistical and personal support he gets for these things. I mean, does everyone in his ‘circle’ not have a day job or family?

1 Like

8.5 hour death march. Rather him then me.

Seems an utterly pointless exercise

2 Likes

I always fancied something silly like a Deca for the challenge, but family aside, which is a pretty big part obvs and the main reason it will never happen, I couldn’t get a group of people for 10 days to run around waiting on me hand and foot and put up with the grumpiness and shit you may dish out when extreme fatigue has set in. Its harder for the crew than the athlete who just has to keep moving forward, they need to be ready at all times, guess what someone wants at a particular time when they probably don’t even know, force food down someone who feels sick, that’s some tough job for little reward.

7 Likes

It’s not, because we are talkin’ 'bout the IC init. If no-one gave an actual hoot, then yeah, the lack of awareness would likely get to him.

2 Likes