IRON JANUARY

••• IRON JANUARY •••

Taking it up a notch from last year. The 2023 event offers up THE ULTIMATE TEST!

Dry January … AND…

7 RUNS A WEEK - Holy F@@@! … of no less than 1 mile. Ideal if you want to shift some weight, are thinking about a spring marathon or just want to injure yourselves

Finishers get a pat on the back and a sense of achievement. None ITU rules. Doping allowed.

•••Edited Updated Rules•••

running days are transferable - doubling up is allowed if you miss a day.

Drinking curfew begins at 7am on New Year’s Day - 12am is mean

No cheating! Only you will know… but you won’t fool the cosmos, providence or any other higher power

13 Likes

You’re on with the running but January is shit enough without having a few beers!

9 Likes

That’s a

••• HALF IRON JANUARY!•••
4 Likes

Er… what does “Sprint January” involve?

5 Likes

You’re going to be dryAF next month, aren’t you?

Plus all of that time to run.

Piece. Of. Pie.

3 Likes

Doing it all in half the time

1 Like

Ok for you then you have to go vegan as well

2 Likes

Wait, what?

I thought this was a run everyday thing. You mean run every day while sober?

Fuck that.

11 Likes

I wonder if it’s even possible?!

2 Likes

Sean Conway does a 496 challenge in January.

Jan 1st run 1km
Jan 2nd run 2km
Jan 31st run 31km

I think this may be your sort of challenge @toby_Hole_in_the_leg ?

4 Likes

I wonder how many days it would be possible for someone to keep that going for until they broke?

Feb 1st = 32km, Feb 2nd = 33km and so on

(I’d prob be broken towards the end of the 2nd week of Jan, or the 3rd week at best)

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. Don’t know if heel would take that in the mid/ latter stages however…

… Oh that’s km - easy then :laughing:

2 Likes

I did a 50 runs in 50 days challenge. Once. Each run >3 miles but you could defer and then double up (although they had to be demonstrably seperate).

When I had about 17 runs yo do in the last 7 days I concluded it was a shit idea (although I did complete it). Plan was originally about becoming an Uber runner for the season but I hated running for the next 2 months….

Good luck, enjoy :rofl:

9 Likes

that…

3 Likes

managed 93 in an attempt to do 100…

4 Likes

U lot are so competitive :laughing:

1 Like

Reckon Spooner would still be going strong into the next tax year

9 Likes

Last day of less than 3 miles running was so long ago I’m not sure if it was 2017 or 2018

Oh and I rarely drink, so I’m probably totally on for this!

8 Likes

I did an advent version last December, helped by the fact I had the last week off work. Lots of run/walk in that last week, another week would have been horrible.

Biggest issue in the first week is finding routes short enough. By the end it’s finding the time.

4 Likes

…the challenge is to stop running and start drinking everyday in Jan.

11 Likes