"Ironman Distance World Record"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpYrtKXJNDw&fbclid

Thoughts?

Whatā€™s the world record tagline about, he did it in 37h according to the Internet, the WR is 19h44m. I respect his military career, but this is just hype :man_facepalming:

Might be 19:36 too, but maybe they just forgot to get Norris McWhirter to turn up so no Guiness world record, just a regular fastest time or something.

The first shot him actually moving is quite funny. Proper shuffle going on there, death march not far off.

I assume weā€™re meant to be throwing stones and this isnā€™t someoneā€™s life partner Iā€™m slagging off right? :grimacing:

Is it a proper consecutive double or a cowboy version?

Itā€™s a good achievement, no stones necessary I hope, but the world record thing is strange.

1 Like

Fair enough, youā€™re not going to get much reason out of me at 23:15 on a lockdown Friday so Iā€™ll hush up :clinking_glasses::crazy_face:

Skipped through it - like the music choices, not sure I understood what he was going on about but seemed like a regular bunch of people going long :+1:

Lots of video production about a bloke doing a long Triathlon. Not clear what the WR he was after was.

If you look at some of his other YT videos, and his Property Investment business youā€™ll get some insight. He owes a few banks.

I love how the OP did a Slowtwitch here :sweat_smile: bravo.

3 Likes

The certificate says he was the first person to achieve a feat of this type. Paging @Toyota_Crown :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe FKT ?

Where did you see that? Heā€™s obviously new to Triathlon, maybe he genuinely thinks this is novel. I wonder if there are any gps files out there, or is this a rare case of him not promoting himself publicly online. His ā€˜coachesā€™ are, well, an interesting assortment.

I scrolled to end of video where he finished and after that it showed an image of a certificate.

1 Like

Heā€™s been asked about the WR in the comments, but not answered. The comments slapping his back have been reciprocated.

2 Likes

ā€œ officialworldrecord.comā€ looks like a horse shit site just from the formatting and random grammatical errors. Ive asked the GWR people what they think.

Their process is: if you are the first person to fill out their online form, you are the first WR holder.

I cant see anything wrong with that.

1 Like

In other OWR news:

This guy has the right idea.

4 Likes

Which organisation is his certificate from?

Ponds Institute :grin:

No chance. Unless it has to start and finish at his house.

Quickest person to go from filing a world record to signing sex offenders register?

2 Likes

The one I linked. Official world records.com.

Theyā€™ve only got Iā€™m guesstimating a hundred or so records and only one with Iron in the title.