Ironman Florida 2019

I couldn’t help noticing that IM Florida looked like it had almost zero crowd support; just running around deserted housing estates. Couple that with the bike around the forests, and that must have been a lonely day for the FOP/BOP people.

1 Like

I disagree, but then I’m even less informed than you, so…

Lange, Frodeno and Kienle are household names in Germany with (relatively) huge media focus. Any one of them would be nuts to just walk away unless they absolutely had to. I suspect Internet perception of Lange is largely exaggerated and inaccurate, and explains the constant undermining of a two time Kona champion and course record setter. He doesn’t fit the archetypal athlete, but so what? I’m hoping he’s fit and chasing Skipper down on the run next year! :wink::+1:

Maybe Wurf is throwing shade on Lange because Patrick asked him if his time with Sky/Ineos gave him a little boost. Wurf is just jealous that a couple of good weather years meant Lange could take advantage of that & win. Maybe Frodeno feels the same; he missed out and Lange ‘stole’ his crown.

There’s nothing sneaky about having the best run on the day, where the wind was non-existent (for everyone).

1 Like

Nice job at getting the forum some love Poet. Smiled at the pseudonym too!

1 Like

Cheers @stenard, just listening to it now!

Oh, by the way folks;

Joe Skipper is on the Oxygen Addict podcast this week :+1:t3:

Is he yawning again :rofl: