IRONMAN Hamburg - Rumble in the M45 Jungle

Welcome and see you there

I’ll be easy to spot on the bike for the MAMIL swimmers who later catch me, with this blue bike :wink:


7395_5280-CW_12531_17215598675cff79282ea40

Does look tasty that. Need that bento box on the rear in blue too :blush:

Did consider asking the guy to paint the Torhans & draft box too, but obviously didn’t in the end. Ultimately I’m going to move to a disc brake TT bike if I keep at the sport, but in the interim, the only worthwhile upgrade would be Tririg bars (Alpha One or X).

Yes does seem everything’s moving to disc brakes.

I’m still running 10 speed mechanical on my old Planet X TT :roll_eyes: will have to upgrade it sooner or later

1 Like

So am I. The wind doesn’t care what drive-chain you’re using!

1 Like

True, just seems a bit old hat now. I’ve had Di2 on my road bike for years!

What about the new Look ones, they look very good (not a pun)

Look bikes? Bit pricey for my wallet!

I didn’t see that their new bars were ~£1k, similar bars will likely hit the market for next year though and bring the price down.

Hmm, not totally sure with 1:10/5:10/3:30 for me, 1:10 swim is about best case scenario atm without going to hard. Unless my new Roka comes with an outboard motor, I haven’t even taken it out of the box yet, this weekend’s task or I’ll be using my Helix.

As long as the start part of the course isn’t too technical and I can avoid getting carried away I think I might be nearer 5 hours, although there’s the extra 3k to add on. I’ll probably get a bit of a slingshot bonus in the first 25+ miles if it’s anything like normal races for me, I tend to go past a lot of the better swimmers, also depends on how much room there is to actually overtake, sometimes you actually get blocked by people riding 3 wide!

Can’t see me doing 3:30 either unless the fly’s come good, my better IM runs tend to be between 3:35-3:40. Really depends on whether the wheels come off.

Although the bike & run training has gone well I’m not sure I’ve done enough long steady sessions in either, and not that many bricks, although I do have 2-3 races I’ve done.

Jeff

3 Likes

All the weather sites except the Germans seem to have middle of next week hot, then cooling a little over the Sat/Sun (mid 20s). Wetterdotcom has it around 30 next Sunday.

1 Like

Up to 15’ sauna/10’ steam today. Not taking any chances here. Pretty much an hour heat acclimating this week; I’ve been building it up over the last 5-6 weeks.

Hopefully this strategy means it will be 20 degrees next Sunday :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You do realise you are covering off all potential excuses! :grinning::joy:

yeah, but it might not be the right kind of heat/humidity, and there’s always poor execution on the day to fall back on :wink:

Looks like a mini heatwave sandwich this week…

Same as UK.
Get a run in on Weds and Tues.

Oh yeah, I’m gonna run ma tits off this week :joy:

1 Like

Forecast should start getting more accurate now, except the BBC’s. Mid-20’s and sunny cloudy won’t be too bad, as long as it’s dry, don’t mind a bit of drizzle on the run.

Anyone started packing, I’m hoping my bike is somewhere near the channel now or it could be a city bike complete with basket on the front.

Jeff

I’ve been stashing stuff in a holdall under the bed all week :blush: Last ride on the TT This morning before breaking it down; and it starts creaking! Time to check the chainring & crank bolts; I’ll get it on the workstand and give it the once over.