Ironman Ireland Cork 2020-23

Possibly pencilling this in for next year’s event, has anyone actually done it yet with all of the covid cancellations?

They only tan it once didn’t they pre covid - and the swim was cancelled as the weather was so shite? Brownlee won it? :thinking:

3 Likes

Wasn’t too sure, could have gone to their results page if I’d been a bit less lazy!

Yes, fairly sure that’s correct, wonder if people will have deferred to 2023?

1 Like

Just had a look at the start list for 2022 and it’s pretty long so assuming a lot of deferrals on there. Possibly the smallest host village on the IM circuit?

4 Likes

It has the only date available between my kids birthdays over the summer holidays but I can’t inspire the mrs with a holiday in Ireland. Personally I’ve always wanted to visit Cork, and I’d imagine the crac is great before and after.

4 Likes

Yeah, unless you have family over there or are American, I don’t see the appeal. Seems like one of the riskier options on the calendar.

1 Like

Somewhere I’ve not done before, accommodation is the biggest issue to rub out that pencilled in part. Don’t really fancy the german ones, some I’ve haven’t done are a PITA to get to and a couple I just don’t fancy, we shall see…

2 Likes

Just asked mrs what week to book off work :innocent:

Phase 1 :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Still available at:

724 Euro
Price inclusive of VAT
​​​​​​​+9.25% Active fee

Wife no longer keen on Eire :frowning:

3 Likes

£650 ish? Damn

1 Like

Seems like a lot of dough; but then they were over €500 back when I last did one in 2019. But still seems like a hike; especially when you think the organisation won’t be on a continental level when it comes to full road closures etc?

1 Like

Due to go ahead today, but because of Storm Betty it’s been postponed until tomorrow.

I’m sure the punters are delighted :grimacing:.

6 Likes

Ouch, people with flights or ferries etc. it’s had a lot of issues this race, swim got cancelled the year Ali B won I think? I know they couldn’t do anything about Covid.

Another one that will probably be binned or moved soon.

6 Likes

As a 70.3.

With a 1pm start time.

Otherwise no volunteers as they’re all at church :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Oh my days. Pay for a full and get a 70.3 :rofl::rofl: you’d have to be raging!!

2 Likes

I’d say this is heading for the chopping block as well then.

2 Likes

Oh I think the 70.3 was due to run today and the full tomorrow and they’re running both tomorrow

1 Like

I thought it was a dual race? Not sure if split days though?

As @Adam says the 70.3 from today has been postponed until tomorrow and run alongside the full.