Ironman Switzerland

Can someone repost the numbers for those racing?
PRETTY PLEASE???

1 Like

I’m 1566 :grinning:

3 Likes

Will pop over and say hi in transition tomorrow.

1 Like

Good luck everyone

2 Likes

And I’m 2032

1 Like

Cold, wet bike followed by hot sunny run :joy:

Why is it never the other way around? :rofl:

Have fun everyone!

1 Like

Both out on the bike and I’d imagine Wheezy will catch Joex fairly soon.

I take it the app just reads your current pace and extrapolates it for the remaining distance?!

Looks like @wheezy is on with his planned injury walk.
Has @joex caught and passed him?
Hard to tell from the start times and tracker

DNF. Just totally, totally f**ked off. 6 months’ training for nothing. Throwing up on the first lap of the run, so thought I’d walk it out. End of the second lap, I brought up all the water I’d been sipping on the second. Decided that if I couldn’t keep water down when walking, spending another 3 hours in the hottest part of the day wasn’t not wise. Don’t mind admitting there were a few tears.

3 Likes

Oh man. That’s shit. Sorry to hear that.
Any reason why?

I saw your location was unknown and feared the worst.

Bike pacing was on point. Stuck at my 0.7 IF. At about 90 miles I got stung by a wasp that flew down my top. Think it might be partly a reaction to that. Didn’t feel overly hot as it was quite cloudy at the time. Didn’t feel sick o the bike at all and was not pushing it.

That’s really shit. Unlucky. Wasp sting could definitely do it. Seen people have awful reactions to those

1 Like

That’s bad.
I’d have fallen off my bike. I have a proper reaction to being in close proximity to a wasp. It’s comedic.

1 Like

Got a wasp sting on a bike ride 3 weeks ago. Took a week before I felt 100%. So sorry to hear it happened to you during your race, but there will be another day in the sun!

1 Like

@joex just finished!!! 14:32:40 … and now for a beer!

4 Likes

Come back stronger …
Wasp sting could have done it, there’s loads more races and one of you.

Brush your self down and go again.

Well done.

1 Like

Cheers chaps. My chin’s on the floor but I’ve got some friends who have done it and been able to cheer them on after cooling down, which has helped to make up for it.

4 Likes

Had a long hard day started steady on the swim and not getting carried away on bike but some dick decided to zig zag on that first hill at 25km which done my gearing in and twisted my back so was a massive struggle from then should’ve quit at T2 but decided to walk it which wish hadn’t now ha ha

What’s the IM etiquette for shouting a c bomb on someone who knocks you off and doesn’t even stop to apologise

3 Likes

Well done :+1:

Also congrats to Joe. Was great to meet in transition. Hope he’s had a few beers too.

1 Like

Oh man I’m distressed to hear that - it felt like war out there for me, and somehow I came within 2 minutes of a PB.

It was good to say hi, thanks for looking me out. A friendly face at the events is always a good thing.

Yep. Wheezy said hi as he went passed at 60k :+1:

It sort of went to plan on the end, but what a day. I planned to go hard on the bike after an awful performance at Lanzarote…what could go wrong with that? Well, open with absolutely torrential rain for a start, then cook me alive and leave me with trench foot. I started dying at 120K but held on and had faith that I could run if nothing else, just to spite the bike!

It went well (for me) until I got a stone in the shoe which led to crippling cramps and in turn I walked the whole third lap. Then I decided to force a jog for the last lap and with just a few k to go I realised I was within shouting range of a PB. I tried, I really did, but I was hobbled :laughing:

Heartbreak hill was excellent, and having my son medal me was fab.

At the end of the day I tried to push my boundaries today, PB Swim, PB Bike…paid the price but I nearly made it!
:tada:

3 Likes