Ironman Switzerland

Weather is a mixed bag hey. Trying to work out what to bring and there’s all sorts of weather over the next 10 days !!

Things that just might be of real use if it’s wet & cold are toe covers, and a tight fitting gilet or ‘Perfetto’ jersey. I would be surprised if you do though.

Lake temperature currently reading 23 degrees. Seems to have dropped a bit.

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Is the start near Landiwiese?

The athlete pack doesn’t say.

It says everything else is at Landiwiese but doesn’t mention the location of the swim start. Nor does the map.

Trust me, it could be worse! Just keep chucking water on your front/back as well as down your throat.

I just looked at the local weather site, shows 21 degrees and rain on the Saturday, then up to 32 on race day…

If it’s the same as it was when I did it, the start is a short walk along the lake shore from transition, towards the city.

Make sure you allow plenty of time to get from transition to the start on race day. The path was rammed with racers and spectators on race day and it was a nightmare.

I would now be 90% sure it will be wetsuit swim. 22.3 degrees, currently raining and not massively hot next week

1 Like

Got bumped to a later flight, and gained €500 :+1:

3 Likes

I can confirm that on the Jorgan temperature scale, it is very nearly face meltingly hot. My lindt chocolate bar has turned to liquid.

2 Likes

+1

Caught fire as we left the plane, but not burned as badly as when paying for the fare to the hotel…54CHF

Anyone going to the pasta party?

1 Like

We’re not. Registered this arvo. They are fairly certain it’s a wetsuit swim btw. Current lake temp 22.5.

1 Like

Is warm hey !!! Looks like lightening and rain Sunday now though

What a beautiful place just sat by the lake thinking I’m knackered from just walking in the heat ha ha

2 Likes

I hope the weather is kind for y’all!!!

2 Likes

Urm the Interwebs say 27 in Zurich today, sorry but for Euro events that doesn’t qualify as…
4oC

Unless someone flies out to Riyhad this weekend and does an Ironman, the class of Frankfurt 2015 are the title holders :joy:

Of course I brought wet weather gear, of course…not.

FFS. Lightning?

So if we don’t boil alive in our wetsuits, we’ll get electrocuted instead. Brilliant. With the air temperature what it is, I can’t see much point in wet weather gear anyway.

3 Likes

Best of luck everyone! Last ever Zurich race.

2 Likes

Agree it’s gonna be hot and dry out by the look of it so should be ok have a great race

2 Likes

Have a great ‘uneventful’ race tomorrow everyone :sunglasses:

1 Like