Ironman Tulsa Live - SPOILERS

Chase pack (including skipper, long, aernouts etc.) 4mins back at T2…tough job to chase down Lange with that lead.

In other news Daniela schooling everyone else in the women’s field +~12mins at 100miles

1 Like

Lange’s first mile was significantly quicker than the others… so there’s a good chance he’s either going to destroy them, or explode!

1 Like

:scream_cat:

5:06 for mile 2.1 split!! :thinking:

Wearing the adidas super shoes I notice.

2 Likes

that’s near FOP major marathon pace… its going to be carnage!

3 Likes

Yeah Lange on a mission

Can he hold this pace? Surely not!

2 Likes

not a chance…that’s 2:10 to 2:15 marathon pace… its not only impossible, its also stupid, as if he keeps up this pace he’ll explode and lose a decent finishing position. Time for Skipper to prove he isn’t stupid, and keep it sensible…

3 Likes

does he already have his Kona ticket?

Some statement

1 Like

Timing mat paces in IM always seem very dodgy!

3 Likes

looks like Lange has backed it off a bit to 5:36 min/mile… so only ~ 2:30 pace… :man_shrugging:t2::boom:

2 Likes

According to the tracker 3 athletes went through 8.5miles at 2:19/mile pace and Lange through 9.5 at 3:46/mile :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Lockdown training must have gone very well! :joy:

1 Like

I’ll have what he’s having

2 Likes

Forget Lange’s run. We know he’s a sub 2:40 Kona runner, which means sub 2:35 anywhere else if he pulls the trigger.

But that was a front pack swim-bike (including pulls on the front), and bike at a pace that the Long’s and Skipper’s couldn’t make an impression on. Significant uptick in biking, no more sneaking/hiding his way to T2.

He appears to be putting the weaponry to reach Kona T2 with, or close to, Jan. Get your popcorn ready!

6 Likes

Oh and ST’s latest squeeze, Sam Long, getting torn a new one is worth a giggle or two…

7 Likes

Looks like Skipper has blown up? Was looking comfortable in about 5th at the last check and now dropped a few positions.

1 Like

Lange high fives people in the last 400m
Now gets Covid

1 Like

Looks like he has rallied and is back to 6th. He’s only lost a place to Chevrot who is forecast to run a 2:37!

2 Likes

Skipper was looking to run sub 2:40 himself.

Very impressive race, I didn’t think baekkegard would hold the pace on the run at all - Lange, my cap is doffed again but no surprise from a 2x WC.

1 Like

7:45 in that weather :scream::scream::scream:
Frodo looks at training plan…

4 Likes