IronMan UK Bolton 2022 - July 3rd

‘Your My Favorite’ :sweat_smile:

I am in, with some kind of priority entry link or other.
Regular entries for numpTs are not yet available but will be soon
How chuffin much!! :grimacing:

I personally hope the bike course isn’t emasculated (ooh big word for making it less hilly), as the ‘rewarding’ :roll_eyes: course out Bury way is a classic :heart_eyes:

Who’s in? Is Poet bringing his tub disc again :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Entries straight in at tier 3?

probably or maybe 4 now?? as it came to £501 FGS after Active added their hefty cut :grimacing: :grimacing:

1 Like

FORKING HELL :scream:
Tubular front, too.

No prior issues at all :+1:t3:

I won’t be there for that price :raised_hand:t5::stop_sign:

Bike course looks like it’ll be the same as this year, hopefully with less casualties

1 Like

yes I almost choked on my reduced sandwich

and less NumpTs :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Been thinking about this… Alot.

I’m in through deferral, crash, X-rays, Ill health , everything bar alien abduction in the month before.

If I feel the way I do now, I won’t do it.

Swim progression at my age and limited ability is rare, but was very welcome and I did some very good runs in the last few months, which more importantly felt … easy ish.

I detest that bike course.

I really really don’t feel safe on it, and that’s in the dry.

Too much turbo work, Oulton park, same continuous 6 mile loop that I train on… probably.

I’ll need a fraken bike of epic proportions to do that race.

I just basically have zero confidence cycling outside anymore … sad but true.

10 Likes

I’m 90% doing this. No Cork or Wales as they’ll have full fields of deferrals. Travel will still be dodgy I think - so Outlaw or this if I want branded/KQ possibility.

Priority link expires in 5 days, decision by then.

2 Likes

Will you have to validate Kona again?
I thought you’d deferred to 2022?

qualifying at Bolton would be for 2022, not 2023.

Not for me, but good chance of being in for 2023

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m wondering if anyone can help me get in touch with Ironman UK, please?

I signed up for Ironman 2020, now due to take place in 2022, but have missed the registration cut off. The reason for this being - when I went to register, the photo package that I had originally purchased was not listed as being included, therefore I emailed Ironman (several times) to ask them to clarify that this was included before I completed registration. Now I can’t even access the registration link as the cut off (31st Aug) has passed … and still no response from Ironman :anguished:

Please can someone help??

give em a ring.

Contact us

IRONMAN UK & Ireland Race Office
IRONMAN Ltd
6G Park Square
Milton Park
Abingdon
OX14 4RR

+44 (0) 1235 433550

1 Like

Thank you for this, I did call that number and each time I get through the ‘press 1 for…’ automated part, then the line goes dead :pensive:

I’ve just sent an email to athleteservices@ironman.com, another ticket has been opened.

Is it worth writing to them, do you think? Getting very desperate now, fearing they won’t let me register.

1 Like

Don’t worry.
They’ve changed.
This whole debacle has made them realise the athletes are their brand :+1:t3:

They’ll let you in.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Is this sarcasm? I seriously hope it’s true… but something tells me it isn’t :grimacing:

1 Like

What??

No.
It’s true - I’m not being facetious or sarcastic for a change :see_no_evil::rofl:

I had nothing but good experiences on race day and after I DNFd, they were great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Honestly, they’ve really changed.
And for the better.

4 Likes

laughing at Fe man changing

not at your issue

1 Like

so @Poet did you do that Rock thingumy in Snowdonia / Abersoch?

Ah! Great, relieving news! Thank you :relaxed:

Very well done to you for competing, you should be proud :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like