IronMan UK Bolton 2022 - July 3rd

Haha! Oh, I see :laughing:

1 Like

In fairness their deferral policy/customer service does seem to dramatically improved. But I won’t believe it’s out of any athlete good-will. I had some odd contempt against them as a company even before this nevermind their 2020 attitude. Unfortunately they’re in such a position of power they’ll get away with it.

2 Likes

Again, this is quite reassuring, thank you.
How have you managed to get in contact with them in the past? I have had ‘tickets opened’ in response to about 5 of my emails but nobody is actually responding and the phone number cuts out on me.

Ironman central were really goot customer servince for us back in 2009 or whenever it was, local franchisee threw Maryka out of the race, they were really helpful about offering straight entry to other races, the UK folk were horrendous though then of course.

why?? :open_mouth:

Posting details of the bike course on tritalk…

2 Likes

Lol!

Just seen this is 100 days away.

That’s not filling me with confidence.

Need to pull my socks up

8 Likes

WCPGW. nb Don’t forget your brolly :umbrella:

1 Like

It’s alright I always bring the rain with me :cloud_with_rain:

2 Likes

Some more places released too.

Funny you should say that…

…the current weather reminds me of March 2020.
When Covid hit.
I was up there doing loops in nice weather.

Then post-lockdown, I didn’t have another ride there when it wasn’t grim :rofl:

100 days is plenty of time.
You only really need six weeks. (I mean, specifically you)

3 x 30km runs.
3 x 160-200km bikes.
6 x 4km swims.

Fill in around those.
Simples.

4 Likes

New bike course for this year apparently. No Sheephouse Lane

1 Like

Is it an easier route than last year then?

Doesn’t look much different.

That main road from Lower Rivington Reservoir to Bolton was truly rapid.
So you’re probably losing some speed there.
That little “nubbin” out and back to add on 6km is a bit daft, you’ll lose speed there, as it’s a descent, then climb, with two left turns and a U-turn.

Should’ve gone out to Ramsbottom and up The Rake :wink:
That’ll’ve sorted out the wimps:

1 Like

There was lots and lots of discussion ( moaning) about the sheephouse descent late last year, the road is much worse apparently, people using gravel bikes for it!

Don’t know some of the new roads but it’s likely still a v slow loop

1 Like

no sheephouse lane, that’s sad. :disappointed: fab descent across Rivi Res imo, wasnt that rough

3 Likes

The old direction of Sheephouse was great. Steep climb on the rough bit, Wrestlers at the top then a nice sweeping descent to Belmont?

Did it the other way round at the ‘one and only 70.3’ it was all kinds of wrong.

5 Likes

Agreed.

Did it that way twice for the 2 up race.
Much better.

I’ve never liked coming down the way it goes now, but I’m a crap descender, I lost serious time in 2019 and never got any better to be honest.

Been some major offs recently on sheephouse