Ironman Virtual Racing

seems legit

2 Likes

What a crock of crap

2 Likes

Yes, seen on IMJ a post about the chap who finished 4th. Previous marathon time etc

2 Likes

3 Likes

Slowtwitch style on IMJ the “winner” did a 3hr15 half marathon last year and now has a 5k of sub 15. Great improvement from the lad :joy: . I also love that a 50-54yr old would lose in a sprint finish in a 5k against the some of the worlds best. I imagine they ride Ducati’s for those bike times :wink:

2 Likes

I’m only surprised that they’re actively promoting these leaderboards :roll_eyes:

Yeah, with a 70.3 HM best of 1:39, struggle to imagine him being able to run much under 20 minutes let alone anything like that!
http://tri.coffee/athletes/300577

All the results are a joke tbh, as I indicated in my mock race report.

1 Like

Its when they give out Kona spots you’ll laugh. I might have to get the ant+ sim out and set some worlds bests on Zwift :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t see how they’ll do that without big hardware requirements.

Colonel Sanders was on YouTube the other day talking about the esports requirements; three separate power source files, certain trainers only, etc. Can easily work for a small set like Pros, don’t see how they can extend it to AG.

I mean, data analytics can do a fair amount in detecting dodgy data but only so much. I can nominate a few useful controls on the hardware/data but that’s only part of the story.

1 Like

That made me howl!!!

But why? I mean are people that shallow and egotistical that cheating that blatatantly on something so inconsequential really gives them this huge personal/social boost?

Yes.

5 Likes

I’ve not done any Ironman VR’s yet… With a minor running injury, I could easily make it a major running injury. Now seeing the level of blatant cheating, I have no motivation to compete. If I want to compete against myself, then I will go an get a Strava PR, if I want to compete against someone else, I will race on Zwift and trust that Zwift Power takes out the cheats.

The whole Strava, Ironman, SportHeros saga does not reflect well at all on Ironman. Unfortunately it has all been rushed out too fast.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shame.

I completed the second one as a bit of fun.

@joex and @stenard probably the same way.

If Ironman wanted to police it and filter out the cheats like Zwift power does it would have more merit. But typical Ironman, way out of touch

Same as you Adam I did number 2, although not a full race it give me a bit of a push in the intensity.

Then I foolishly had a look at the results …yeah right…and the Strava/Ironman squabble so I am out!

Account deleted…

Everyone trying to jump on the virtual bandwagon.

Got an email from Club La Santa (no idea why, never been there) with their virtual 5 and 10k runs. 10EUR and you upload a photo from your device and get a finishers certificate and “digital” medal.

I know its on a few quid, but seriously who is going to bother?

2 Likes

If anyone wants to send me EUR10 I will send a stifficate and digital medal. The first running of eTriTalkman . Do whatever distance you want, just let me know when you paypal the money and your digital prizes will be emailed.

2 Likes

That’s a point … i should’ve monetised my TT1TT

I’ll just change the t’s and c’s on the hoof and retro charge people’s credit cards. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just saw that - what a fucking joke. Trading Standards or someone should be cracking down on this nonsense.

1 Like

I’m going to jump off my garden wall 8850 times; so I can get a T shirt claiming I BASE jumped Everest.

1 Like