Kipchoge’s Sub-2 Attempt

Double bugger, I won’t see a minute of it, I go out at 8am. Was hoping for 5:30-6ish start.
Edit: Doh! That’s 7:15 our time so I can watch up to the point it starts getting interesting

mobile phone, headphones, start parkrun late and run through the field.

Mobile phone do a massive PB and just catch the end when you finish :smiley:

It’s only Parkrun; a free 5k run they hold every Saturday :upside_down_face:

1 Like

True. But I don’t normally do them. And my coach pencilled one in for me to “have a crack” at.

I definitely can’t run under 15mins!

1 Like

What would Kipchoge say to that sort of mindset Stenard?!

1 Like

He ‘only’ has to run 14:20 pace (x8.4)

No buggies or dogs to avoid on the 2nd lap mind…

1 Like

IPlayer for iPhone at soccer tots. One of the other dads there ran 2.16 at Berlin the other week so I’ll have someone to be a running geek with too :smiley:

My parkrun has announced it’s a trail shoes week, so will probably sack it off. Want to wait for a dry one to have a crack at my PB. Sub 2 is it.

Keeping my powder dry for the Big Dance

I’ll likely tune in, replace the England rugby game for tomorrows plans. Certainly sounds confident.

And they’re off

EC has got some nice looking white shoes.

1 Like

White in a sea of pink.

1 Like

First 5km 14:35

9 seconds under

Rediculous when you realise just how quick they are. Very few people who can do that as a standalone 5k nevermind do it 8x.
Reckon I’d cling on for ~800m at best! :rofl:

1 Like

Jeez, have you seen who the pacemakers are, Legat, Ingerbritsens. They’re certainly throwing everything at it.

1 Like

Those pink Next% look the nuts!!! :heart_eyes:

11 km 31:31

9 seconds under

They are pretty sexy in the flesh!

1 Like

I get the rear “pacers” in a cycling drag related sense, but surely they need to be a lot closer?