Kipchoge’s Sub-2 Attempt

yeah commentators picked up on that earlier.

halfway, projected for 1:59:50 still. Agree with commentators that maybe just the first signs of struggle, interesting to see how it goes from here.

Looking a bit tight already no?

Definitely had a ropey few minutes, but looked like he maybe has come through it (for now)

You have to wonder if he’s right on the edge. He seems to be meandering around behind his captain on this rotation

Edit - Or what the commentator is saying about effectively echelon type drafting

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking wind

If he’s struggling the splits aren’t showing it…yet

Tuned in about 20 min ago. They are running 5km loops? No nutrition?

Nutrition on the move from bike.

1 Like

They said they just did a 2.52, positively walking now! :rofl:

1 Like

He’s been 2:50-2:52 the whole way pretty much, still solid consistency for 1:59:50 projection.

Other comment is its been very well put on, insightful comments and interviews with oacers to keep it moving along. I’m hooked.

I didn’t see any 2.52s pop up before?

Yeah there’s been a few. Last 3 bang on 2.50

Lagat to run him in.

ah ok, must have missed those. I can’t even fathom it. Some times I can run a couple of 3.55s with a 5 min gap. Then I’m knackered for a week!

1 Like

I think the green and the pink look pretty awesome when the legs are moving at that pace. A coloured blur!

Never liked the green but the pink could tempt me next year! Be a disservice not to at least do a @Poet and give them a test.

2 Likes

Parkrun to go. Just wow…

I’ll admit I’m getting excited now!

Time to start feeling confident, Got 5-10s buffer. Could still blow up of course but he looks on.

Surely he’s got this