Lakesman

You mean, the 97.8% version?

2 miles off the bike, 2km off the run.

Full distance is slightly short ?
110m bike 40k runā€¦?!

Weird?

Sorry seen itā€™s the half ā€¦
Full for me I think ā€¦!

Bike was only short this year due to some coastal erosion closing a section of road. It was fixed a few days after the race :roll_eyes: The run was a bit short as they missed another out and back section due to compliants from the previous years (very uneven apparently). Hopefully the organisers will take onboard the feedback from this year and rectify the run distance for next year.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦

Good reviews and a few local clubs taking part so could be a go I think

Less than 100 places left for 2020 if anyone was considering itā€¦

Lakesman and IMUK are three weeks apartā€¦

Dont want to be carp in eitherā€¦At a push Lakesman is the A race, as its a much faster courseā€¦

There is a wealth of experience on here ,is this doable?

I started feeling really ā€œgoodā€ three weeks to the day after IMUK and hit nearly 30 hours in three weeks
Obviously it seems time is pressing,and its not ideal, be interested to hear the thoughts of people who have done more Full distance races than me,which is all of you?!

See the similar thread on doing big sportive after IM. I couldnt but some clearly can and do.

My question wouldnā€™t be can you, but why do you want/need to do them both next year back to back? Iā€™d rather do one properly than try split between two.

1 Like

Want to do a fast full distance race.
Mdot is of no concern.
LM looks about the best in the UK
I know 12-15 people who are doing IMUK, this figure will rise,Cyber friends this figure could be nearer 50,sure the atmosphere would be amazing, the more i look back the better Bolton wasā€¦

I guess LM could have a proper taper,just have to ā€œwingā€ it for the Mdot.

I think 3 weeks is just about enough to recover if you can get lots of recovery time. Just stay mobile, plenty of shorter sessions to keep you sharp and importantly keeps it fun. I can start to feel my powers coming back after 10 days or so, and if you said Iā€™m doing another IM a week on Sunday, I think it could be done for sure, but maybe not at ā€˜100%ā€™ of the first.

1 Like

In these situations, maybe Mungo2 sould ask himself; What Would Skipper Do? :muscle:

1 Like

Cheersā€¦
A few people are saying similar ā€¦ ish.

As you say recovery is different for us all, I know itā€™s not optimum but can be done.

Or Cam Wurf !!

Or did you see Richie Porte joined Cam Wurf for an ā€˜Everestā€™ up and down the Madone for CWā€™s birthday a week after the tour?! Porte obviously didnā€™t go hard enough! hah a

Ha yeah I did see their Everest thing on the Madone!

15 places left for Lakesman Full 2020.

2 Likes

Tempted to go back and have another goā€¦itā€™s a really good race. Mind you, so many different events to experience. Iā€™m also not going long next year I just remembered :thinking:

Me tooā€¦everything was easy, spectators enjoyed the venue/area and race was great fun.

1 Like

Sold out. Good to see.

1 Like

Yep 9 months in advance, not many races with that demand. Granted much smaller than IM and Outlaw but still shows its well received. Assuming numbers are somewhere around 300 full and 450 half from Last yearā€™s finishers.

1 Like

I saw there were 3 places left last night and was still dithering, seems my procrastination has decided I wonā€™t be doing it next year! :rofl:

Sold out a good few weeks earlier than last year, think I had one of the last spots in late October. Well deserved :ok_hand: