LCB Race Team

I thought 900p/m was a typo. Just. Wow.

1 Like

They used to live near me and turned up a local one a few years back. She did a relay and destroyed everyone in the deim. He wont it, comfortably.

They wanted to come on our squad training camp in Lanza but it was full.

Reece has been getting good results in the Zwift pro tri races of late.

yeah snap! I thought that was pa!

Like Jorgan says, I can see this largely geared towards the mega rich US market where execs are prepared to throw a lot of money at stuff just because they can, and a lot of the big older names already charge silly money for this. Lucy and Reece only need (and probably want) a handful of people to sign up for this.

If you take a look at Mark Allen’s website, he’s charging $199pm for an off the shelf training plan. With that, the most personal interaction you get is the opportunity to participate in Q&A youtube shows, once a month for 30mins!

At least with Lucy’s you are getting some kit, equipment, TP premium, zwift, etc. It’s stupidly expensive, no denying, but there’s actually something worth some money you are getting back. And you’re getting 1:1 coaching, with lab testing, video swim analysis, etc… It’s much better value for money than a generic training plan at $199 per month!

1 Like

Suspect the ‘team race kit’ angle will lure a few in who have ‘pro race team’ fantasies. You can bet their social media feed won’t mention that it’s just a very expensive training plan…

For 900 a month I would want Lucy on speed dial for fortnightly booty calls! :stuck_out_tongue:

No.

Is her husband a qualified coach? Her team manager is qualified…

it would depend on the quality of that coaching and analysis

1 Like

Of course. And whilst I fully believe the best athletes do not make the best coaches, I’d still be of the mindset that a personal plan with 1:1 interaction will be much better than something off the shelf. Even if the coach is learning as you’re coached, at least there’s an evolution in their offering.

Why you’d ever pay a “monthly fee” for a generic off the shelf plan is beyond me. The main purpose of my post was actually to criticise the MA offering as outrageous.

3 Likes

LCB is clearly trying to develop a brand, and I wish her every success. It’s an interesting move developing a coaching business while competing, rather then waiting until she retires from competition. At $900 per month, she doesn’t need many customers, I suspect that she has priced at this level because she would stuggle to manage a lot of clients on top of her own training.

I know some people in Switzerland who pay more than this for a cycling coach, fitness coach, spinning coach. I can easily see rich, retired AG athletes who wouldn’t blink twice at this fee from a celebrity like LCB

And Macca with Mx Endurance

Out of interest, would spending $10,000 on a TT bike give a better increase in performance than a year of coaching from LCB?

1 Like

Suspect that LCB is the face of the operation but Reece will run it effectively.

Not really seen the other levels other than the £900 one.

If I was to ‘pick’ a pro for this sort of service it would be Sebastian Kienle. He always seems to make me smile, after 1:1s I’d be massively motivated with his positivity and excellent technical knowledge.

I’d also always try to engineer the conversation to provoke him into saying ‘thin line between fit and f&cked’ :grinning:

7 Likes

Yeah but you know what you’re getting with Dr Ferrari.

6 Likes

A reduced life expectancy

3 Likes

If we’re talking hypothetical bang for (presumably) high priced buck, a full on TT Bike fit with Matt Bottrill would be fairly useful I reckon.

Isn’t there a certain amount of patronage with this sort of arrangement with an active pro athlete?

You’re getting a coaching service, but you’re also helping out the athlete so they don’t have to over-race to pay the bills and can focus on peaking for the big races instead?

I don’t get the impression LCB is struggling to pay the bills, but professional sport is a short career and you’ve got to make hay, so good luck to her/them.

1 Like

The timing is bold, given the economic climate. One thing COVID has done is force a lot of folks to examine their outgoing and what is/isn’t essential.

The £900 p/m athlete probably doesn’t fall into that demographic but rich people don’t get rich by giving it away.