Lockdown 2: The Preperationing

Hey in all seriousness why can’t we do a weight adjusted 5k for us fatties, maybe New Years day(ish…let’s not be fascists, it’s been a tough year after all).

Could have morning weigh-in and photographic evidence then submit time. Be interesting…I’d be tempted to bulk up as my current 5k times are so appalling! (Joke)

We could use that well-known weight loss vs speed gain calculator that once suggested if I lost 7 stone I’d be quicker than kipchoge. Reckon it’s very accurate. :grinning:

3 Likes

Sounds solid. I’ve not run for months but that wont stop me.

I think my biggest concern is the morning weigh in with photographic evidence. Sounds like a one way ticket to trotter city to me

7 Likes

Yep that might need a rethink. It’s not bloody zwift. Maybe just go with trust!

Yeah, pretty sure we banned those photos from here for a reason.

Got a C2 Skierg pre lockdown 1.1

Not bothered going back to the pool but great for core and compliments the turbo time by doing some upper body and core muscles. Also found it great for my back rehab.

If you use apps like Painsled or rowbiker you can Erg on zwift which I’ve found a good way to distract me on some longer efforts.

2 Likes

you get the most from them with good running form…

3 Likes

Just dropped by to say hello

6 Likes

Is this some kinky website that I’ve missed?
Feet in front of fireplaces?

2 Likes

Yeah is it 20 questions but price of entry is feet?

So wtf we talking about?? :grinning:

3 Likes

Trotterfest!

Nasty…

2 Likes

I don’t have a fireplace…never have I felt so isolated :sob:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Skinny people feet are fugly. That’s my take home.

2 Likes

Don’t like the new direction of this thread.

Unsubscribe.

4 Likes

Foot nazi.

Invoking Godwin’s law!

1 Like

4 Likes

They’re not in bad shape considering what you did yesterday :footprints:

That was after the weighing after the swim - but the Injinji socks recommended here protected my feet on the run, no blisters. Forgot to weight myself again though, so missed the chance to get those data points.

2 Likes

Ah - that’s why they look so clean

FFS this place has turned into a foot fetish site. Im off

5 Likes