More DIY & Gardening numptiness

No it’s not. But getting my windows cleaned in Germany is really expensive. Last time I got them cleaned it was about £300 and that was just for the windows and not the exterior blinds. I needed a solution that was easy and simple, where I didn’t have to go up a ladder. In the long run it’s cheaper, otherwise I’m paying at least 1000€ a year to get my windows cleaned twice and blinds once. Getting your windows cleaned is much cheaper in the UK, think my mum pays around £20!!

3 Likes

Love your style of house :+1:

2 Likes

Costs me £25 to get my windows cleaned. How is it so expensive in Germany?

1 Like

I don’t know, got loads of quotes and they all wanted even more - crazy! Admittedly I do have a lot of windows. Anyway, I’ve worked out after the initial investment, made back by cleaning my windows twice, it should only cost me around 55€ a year from now on - basically the price of the filter.

2 Likes

Thank you @fruit_thief :blush:

1 Like

Costs us nothing, because we don’t get them cleaned. :grinning:

8 Likes

The tank is out. Phew.

In the tank and surrounding earth were parts of a bicycle, an old clock, lots of bathroom items like perfume bottles, razors and talc tins, oil cans and paint brushes. I was trying to date it but couldn’t find anything. There was plenty of plastic so I’d guess 1970s.

I then started to fill in the hole and whack the earth down. Then the sun came out. Bloody hard work so I’ve stopped. I’ll do some more this evening when it’s cooler.

5 Likes

Did another pour. Looks more level. Not so bothered about the surface finish as I have a rubber mat to go down.

Now digging the dirt out and moving it to the bottom of the garden to level the lawn out.

5 Likes

£18 for mine, I have them done every 12wks.

1 Like

that’s bonkers pricing and I can understand why you bought the cleaner!

nice house - must post some pictures of our new gaff when I get around to it

1 Like

Does it not rain where you live?

2 Likes

Yeah, washes the windows.

We clean the downstairs ones ourselves every once in a while

2 Likes

Its fun manual labouring on a hot day. I measure my work rate by the number of times I have had to change my shirt and the number of litres of cold water Ive downed.

Currently on t shirt no 3, and 4 iced 750ml bidons down

4 Likes

Tha last time all my windows were cleaned was 2018. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Moved loads of soil and pretty much levelled the bottom right hand corner of the garden. Need to dismantle old shed and move the rabbit hutches around then finish the left hand corner.

Away tomorrow visiting family and now its going to piss down on Sunday so looks like thats it for the week. 6 days off to do the garden and it rained for 4 of them. Classic British summer time.

10 Likes

Nearly burnt the house down. When our oven was last cleaned (Christmas just gone) the shelf from the top oven went missing. I put an upturned baking tray in there as its not a fan oven and yorkies werent cooking well low down.

Anyway a some burnt on crap had accumulated under it. Turned it on max, walked away, came back it was full of smoke. Opened the door and bang it caught fire.

Did a full on backdraft number and put it out. Not before soiling myslef though.

18 Likes

Your oven is telling you that it’s not worth extending your house. :grin:

2 Likes

I thought maybe the oven was helping with some insurance work!

3 Likes

Been away for ten days and my garden is doing its best to resemble a meadow :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

We cut the lawn and hedge before departing for Mun’s. Looks even bloody longer now!

2 Likes