More DIY & Gardening numptiness

It’s crazy, some of this grass is up to my knees!

2 Likes

We put Wed b Feed down, got what we wanted I guess😁

It’s all the rage mate. Do it for the natures.

1 Like

Ours just doesnt want to grow at all :laughing:

11 Likes

Paint that fence black. It makes the greenery really POP out :+1:t3:

Also, does the dog wee on it?
If so, do you water immediately, or just leave it?
One patch of ours has started to whiff a bit, but we bought the “pet friendly” stuff with the microbe base and all that jazz :man_shrugging:t4:

We’ve already got ALOT of grey out there. The slabs, the canopy, the windows and doors.
I err to your colour co-ordinating excellence; but would that not be getting a bit industrial looking?

Gets a hose down and some stuff chucked on it every now and again - but nothing more regularly than fortnightly. Rain seems to sort most of it out.

1 Like

What’s this “stuff” of which you speak?

There was loads of them at Chelsea Flower Show in black, none of them looked industrial. There’s been a couple on Gardeners World, too. Have a look on Pinterest / Google etc.

Ours is a bit unfinished at the moment, as spare funds have been diverted to the car :sob:

I need to repoint the patio, then jet wash it, too.
(The bright line I’ve repointed is where I lifted a few slabs to lay a cable underneath for the Festoon™️ lights)
New ACO looks brilliant, IMO, against the black borders and new doors.
Just need more shrubs, ferns and something to cover the soil which isn’t bark???

Thinking of a trug/raised veg patch in the back left hand side.

ETA: This has cost less than £1500 so far.
Including paint, furniture, lighting and getting the astroturf laid. Admittedly, it’s a small garden, but it shows you don’t need to spend a fortune for not a bad looking garden.

This was before “The Prison Rec” :joy:

9 Likes

Christ - bargain compared to us. Tho ours needed flattening; drainage sorting and all the slabs went round to the front of house too…

Not sure he’s gonna be recruited for an ad campaign!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Our grass was one patch of 4m x 4m
Garden isn’t square, so I’ve had to make the borders wider than what was ideal.
But as we only used one patch of fake grass, it was £900 and not £1,300 :exploding_head:
Although I’m probably gonna spend that £400 on some more mature shrubs :face_with_peeking_eye:

Cool - I’ll have a look for that product now :+1:t3:

More concrete laying. It’s really hard work. Shame I have so much more to do.

3 Likes

Watched a YouTube maker 3d print part storage trays, thaught it looked a good idea so set about printing exact size to fit 10x10 in my 595x595 drawer chest.
Printed a grid to fit in:

Then 100 trays:

He didn’t mention the $ to do this but started so had to finish :man_facepalming:.

Only a 1000 odd left to fill the drawers $$$$.

13 Likes

Repurposed an old Dyson to make a cleaning station for my milling m/c. More excuses to print somthing :ok_hand:.

14 Likes

Is all of this stuff at home :exploding_head:

Can you mill our 11sp cassettes to fit our 10sp hubs?

Yep, in the man cave. In theory yes but I don’t have a rotary table for my milling machine. I did machine my own down successfully at work on the lathe but it was a bit hokey as the cassette is a tricky beast to clamp. I’m not allowed in the machine shop anymore as it’s apparently a bit risky in there with one leg, or maybe they don’t want me machining cassettes :thinking::rofl:

12 Likes

Right well i have serious man cave envy now.

7 Likes

I’ve had a couple done from the guy on the other forum, but seems a bit dear (£30?)

But then I have zero idea what work is involved and he saved me buying new wheels/hubs, so probably a good deal :+1:t3:

Yup. You’ve got a great man cave there!
How the hell you find time for exercise with all of your projects going on, plus work, plus rehab, I have no idea :upside_down_face:

It’s not a lot of work if your set up for it but then 30 quids not so much either. At 30 quid you could mess one up without going out of pocket (before the price for cassettes went mental).

1 Like

And single chainrings. How 58g of metal can cost £55 is beyond me :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

That drill is a f-ing beast isn’t it?

2 Likes

Talking of man cave, how’s this for a man cave wall decoration, half a RGV500?

2 Likes