More DIY & Gardening numptiness

Well, the blueberry plants are in there somewhere but it was going to look a little bare so we threw a wildflower mix in there to give us some colour.

9 Likes

Didn’t know where to put this, but I’ve just become a mum for a few days…

He/she is pretty well developed in terms of fledging, so I’m hoping I can get it up to speed ready to release. Off to the pet shop at lunchtime (instead of running :roll_eyes:) now to get some food. Hoping it’ll be ready to go in a few days, fingers crossed!

10 Likes

I’ve just changed the syphon in the toilet cistern. I successfully undid four nuts, swopped in the new item and did up four nuts.

The weird bit is it took 2.5 hours.

But it’s done, I’ve been putting it off since last Thursday. Hurrah.

6 Likes

Outstanding. We had the same problem, the hose will stay in place but the windows gaps were a problem. I just stuff a big bath towel up top and a smaller one below in LO’s room, it works well but you have to keep an eye out for rain. :wink:

1 Like

The borders appear done, it’ll be a long wait to get it looking great unless they’re willing to buy some mature plants

2 Likes

@AndyG & @GeordieM - I did give my neighbour the details of where I bought these trees in 2020.

So, there is a chance that some taller stuff may arrive at some point.
(I imagine that planting trees in this heat is probably not a good idea.)

The scary thing is not how much paving remains, but the sheer volume of slabs removed! :astonished:

5 Likes

I think we have a bit of work to do on the new garden……:rofl:

16 Likes

Been doing some wallpapering today :eyes::crazy_face:

9 Likes

Bought some hydrangeas and planters today.

4 Likes

My body is almost recovered from the concrete laying so I’ve been working on the fence to the right of the picture over the weekend. It’s starting to take shape, that’s it for the right side but the plan is to bring the fence down the left side to block our nutbag neighbour out. The gap above the right and left side is for trellis.

5 Likes

Right, I need some gravel/chippings/stones for the path but have ZERO idea on what it is, where to find it, or anything really!

Could you help a brother out?

The current stuff is staying, so I need a decent match.
It’s 20mm something, I’ve just no idea what!

Take a handful to a local Travis Perkins or similar?

1 Like

Yeah. They’re 200m from my house, but don’t have any like this :sob:

B&Q - no.
Wickes - no.
Jewson - no.

So I’m all out of my standard options.

20kg bag upwards here, other colours may be available:

2 Likes

Nice find.
Ordered a few samples.
Quite close to visit the yard, too :+1:t3:

1 Like

So…those two samples didn’t work.
I’ve grabbed a handful of ours and will head to Bakewell to see what they’ve got in stock :+1:t3:

New story.
Kitchen finished. Bathroom started leaking.
Insurer came. Drilled some holes, wrecked the main bathroom.
Then radio silence for four weeks.
I called and complained, got £100 compo, plus movement has started with them again.

We now have an extremely loud and hot drying machine drying out the floorboards and timbers :sob::sob::joy:
(They took a meter reading and are paying for the electric use too)

2 Likes

We’ve massively downgraded our plans for an extension. Now thinking of knocking the kitchen and utility room together. The utility room is our shit room and full of junk. We just want a kitchen diner.

We have a dining room but it was the kids play room and is now a 2nd lounge and want to keep it that way.

Hoping the wall is non load bearing. The joists run parallel to it so im assuming not. Builder coming on Monday to have a look.

Will do as much as I can. Need radiators moving so will get plumber to do that and builder to remove wall. Ill do the demo of the utility room and decorating after.

Might also replace the kitchen cabinet doors as they are a bit tired but cant be arsed with a full new kitchen, especially as the fridge, oven and sink have been replaced recently.

7 Likes

Hey GB, what happened to the bird you were looking after?

1 Like

How did the blinds turn out? One of my Velux ones had died after 11 years daily use so I’m off internet shopping.

I only got the one but no problems so far. Fitted well and easily. May get some more for the other windows in due course.