Name a design classic that has affected you

Are you pretentious enough to be a triafflete?

Your spelling is awful

1 Like

As have most classic car values since the Financial Crisis; little or no Interest on your cash from the banks.

2 Likes

I’d love to put that S under a cover somewhere and buy a new ish fast Audi for 8-10 k or so.

But storage costs are high, and i do enjoy driving it, I’ve had the deposit for another rental for 3? years now.

With brexit and now the rona… it’s hard to know what’s going to happen to house prices in the next few years .

944”s were pennies once, iconic shape but the trim inside is… not good.

What a sleeve that is. Although I think Lowlife would be my album of choice between the 2 of them.

Best album… ever?

1 Like

I almost posted that. Yes, absolute classic but there’s a few on Lowlife that I don’t think are on that, and I’ve got a feeling it’s not the full 12” of Perfect Kiss?

1 Like

Foe me, the Katana is a classic bike but not a classic design. There are too many mixes of round and square/straight lines. It doesn’t flow for me.

Wasn’t there a wired wheel model?

1 Like

Not that I recall but it’s been the basis of so many specials over the years I’m sure there are some out there.

1 Like

Found it.

2 Likes

New Order’s finest IMO. Your Silent Face the standout track. Another great Saville cover as well.

2 Likes

Age of Consent is another masterpiece.

2 Likes

I wanted a decent (for me) watch in Sydney and spent the best part of 6mths looking at magazines and trawling sites (ended up with a IWC Spitfire MkXVI). One thing found was that watches and pens were ‘linked’ in terms of the demographic.

My poshest pen is a $150 Cross but TBH, it’s horrible to hold (too shiny). I do remember looking at ornate Montegrappa pens and the like, thinking, ‘they look like the kind of pen that international treaties are signed with’. :smile:

1 Like

I have a Parker Duofold fountain pen from around 1984 given to me by someone who I worked with in Lewes but then went to work for Parker Pens in Newhaven (at the time). Was given as a gift which was nice - might be worth a few bob now.

Nice choice, I also prefer IWC to a Sales directors Rolex.

Although to be fair, its a bit big on my wrist.

2 Likes

Very nice, mine is this model:

2 Likes

A bit classier than mine, very nice.

I chop and change though, might sell this on for something else next year.

I wanted something that could grow old with me. I do wish sometimes I’d gone for a Seamaster but TBH, I never wear the IWC these days anyway. My Garmin 953 and before that IM Timex, seems to cover the everyday bases nicely.

1 Like

Yes, I only wear mine to Weddings ans interviews, my old Garmin is on my wrist most days.

Bringing this back down to earth I have always rather liked this Roberts radio, sadly its not the retro one they manufacture these days, which is a bit over stylised for me.

3 Likes

Perfect kiss is 8 mins long IIRC?

My favourite ever … Touched by the hand of God.