New bike considerations

They told me they would post them out, and I would post originals back on an honesty basis. Didn’t need it though, as fit was indeed correct.

1 Like

Cannot f*cking believe this. I’m in the process of ordering and it goes out of stock. And that’ll be production run done.

I’d ummed and ahhed about the movistar colour scheme or stealth, but then saw the movistar version on the road being ridden by someone else last weekend. It was really nice. So decided I wanted that. Now the black seems like a “compromise”. Grrrr

1 Like

One for the RANT thread! That sucks @stenard. And i know what you mean about the colours, as i was in a similar predicament.

Have you looked at Rose bikes? German, direct tro market etc same as Canyon, and very similar price point. Tidy looking bikes as well.

Thanks. Just had a look. Nowhere near the same as the Canyon in terms of spec for the same kind of price i was looking at. And they don’t look as good, which is at least tempering my anger at missing out on the blue and making me reevaluate the stealth. So a helpful process.

I was so close to landing on the stealth, that it’s not the biggest compromise. And it’s a big risk that the 2021 models might not have a rim brake and lightweight alu wheelset option

Fair enough. I hadn’t looked at them in detail, but a friend was looking. But at a much lower spec than you’re probably looking at (similar to mine), where i think the differences weren’t as pronounced.

Get that order in i reckon. Worst case scenario - you pay for a respray?!

My gf made the same point actually. And said it would then be even more bespoke, which is a fair challenge versus a colour scheme of a pro tour team!

Don’t give up quite yet. I thought I’d missed out on my mine, then it came back in stock a few days later. Keep checking!

1 Like

What time in the year did that happen?
Having spoken with customer service, they only have a few of the stealth left in my size, and a couple of the other sizes have been OOS for a number of days. I can see this approaching the point in the year where production capacity will have shifted to the 2021 models

This was September, and it was a discounted model too! (£800 off). Which model are you looking at?

The Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 in Small

1 Like

Very Nice. Although the Kerosene Red SLX models are the defacto master race :wink:

Your facts do make me contemplate waiting. But the more I look at the stealth, and factoring in the anger and annoyance at myself for deliberating too long initially to miss out on the other colour scheme, I wouldn’t want to miss out completely.

And in reality, the stealth is more “me”. As I’m generally boring! I have a lot of black and grey clothing! Both my existing bikes are black and/or grey I think that’s why I deliberated for so long, as the blue colourway was so out of the ordinary for me! :rofl:

Yes, I deliberated too long as well, but got lucky! You don’t fancy any of the Aeroad models then?

Not really. I’m not going to “race”, so I want something slightly more relaxed for just enjoyable riding and longer sportives like the Etape I did last year.

My TT bike is what I’ll “race” on

Have you considered the Endurace? The Canyon range is a lot smaller than when I got mine I notice.

All disc brake with the spec I was after. And this purchase would likely be my last for many years. I’m happy travelling with my bikes and being able to do general maintenance. Disc’s are an added complication, and the riding I do I’ve never felt overly challenged by rim brakes. And as mentioned above, the model I was looking at is cross compatible with all my other bikes (rim brake, alu rims, di2 is the same as my TT bike, etc).

Anyway, I had a quick shower after my run, panicked that the stealth version might also go out of stock whilst I was showering, which said to me I still wanted it, so I’ve bought it. Now I just have to wait!

4 Likes

Yes!!!

Disc brakes are ace though for that extra bit of confidence on the steep descents. I’ve been loving throwing my bike down the hills ahead of my mates. Cruising over the sandpaper roads on the chunky 28s with the discs trying their best to stop me from killing myself on the 90 degree turns and potholes! haha

1 Like

Yeah, I do get that. But strangely I’m with GrahamO on this. If it’s raining, I’ll just go a bit slower. Hence my point about not wanting it to “race”. In the dry, I’ve never felt a huge hindrance and you’re ultimately restricted by the friction the tyre-tarmac interface has, not how hard you can pull on the brake lever.

All individual preference I appreciate. I just mainly didnt want to be constrained to one wheelset for this bike, or have to think about getting other wheels. As I say, I can’t see me buying a new bike for a long long time now.

2 Likes

Unlike said reference, you can appreciate that others may have a different opinion! :rofl:

If you do ever feel like you wanted it resprayed to something custom or similar - give me a shout. A few of my club mates have had their frames sprayed and they look excellent