New road bike?

I can’t recall exactly, something to do with hooks on the rims only allowing a limited list of tyres to fit

1 Like

Tarmac Pro with Meilensteins 💁

2 Likes

Bit more of an all rounder isnt it?

But you could put a tube in to get you home though couldn’t you?

Dunno - but as it can only take tubeless tyres why would they put a valve hole in?

Fastest climber…in game :crazy_face:

1 Like

You still have to inflate them and the valve hole will take a valve from an inner tube. At least I thought that was the case

I am indeed stupid.

1 Like

All my wheels are tubeless and like @Poet once you have I sorted them it’s easy. Getting them seated is the important thing and having enough sealant in them. I always add 33% extra than recommended so there is enough to seal the holes

2 Likes

I rode my Zipp 404 FCs with 25mm tubular tyres on my summer bike and it felt RAPID, real nice.
Tubulars are very good.
But then I rode the same bike with the mavic ksyrium pro ust 28mm on and it just felt more comfortable, but not as racy.

Winter bike now has Mavic Aksium with 25mm tyres and butyl tubes at 90psi and feels okay, but that’s more due to the steel frame.
I’d had the tubeless on that and it was utter bliss.

So…thoughts are now;
Keep the Zipps for best
Buy some nice 35mm deep tubeless wheels for the summer bike
Give the winter bike the current Mavic Tubeless
Keep the Aksium’s as a spare set.

I’ve got a set of Vision 35mm on the TT bike for training wheels. And a set of PX 82/101 for race day. Probably just leave that as is.

Tubeless is deffo the way forward.
But not disc brakes.
Never disc brakes.

2 Likes

Why not discs?

I came down sheephouse the IMUK way last year in the wet…

I was actually praying at one point, anything is better than that.

Xentis rims
Koolstop orange pads
Real brakes, not tt ones, not bad but it was still dicey in the wet.

I don’t descend well, so don’t need them.
They also squeal like a banshee.
And look :poop: :face_vomiting:
(Although I do like the lack of cables they offer)

2 Likes

Cervelo S3?

Trek Emonda SLR

Comes in a v nice purple

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi_tv-GnaTvAhWHs-0KHfzMAw4YABAGGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAESQeD2WceGLQPgw-PEHTAOzjqaz8cGohQ2VpjYXxTcMVGTFCxpFhHdj6wJkRPH7NB-nxcQPj736Oaon-veFk78j0wp&sig=AOD64_0KB1y21xCluzHG2qBncOBodmfH6A&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjo8vaGnaTvAhWClFwKHWIgDRkQwg96BAgBECo&adurl=

1 Like

Yes! I love that frame. Beautiful colour. There’s no way I’d be trusted with keeping it looking like that though. My Canyon took a big scratch (more like a chunk) on the seat stay within a couple of months :pensive:

3 Likes

That moment when “the new bike” becomes simply “the bike” and you can move on and stop being precious about it :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I never get to that point with Road bikes.

My mountain bike however wears its scratches like a badge of Gnarr Honour.

2 Likes

yeah, it’s a tool at the end of the day. As long as it still functions properly, then i’m cool with it. Shows it’s used!

3 Likes

Fairly sure GP5000 with latex tubes test lower than GP5000TL

1 Like

Can’t find that test :sob:

This is with butyl

But then go and look at GP5000 all sizes test;

So at 120PSI, with a latex tube, the 5000 is 8W and the 5000TL is 8.3W

100PSI is 8.9W vs 8.4W :exploding_head:

Crazy.