Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

The Vaporfly spikes were made for the track. Still seems like overkill.

#hypernormalisation

still … tracks are, by their very nature, spongy and springy. Surely that would be working against the 4/next % ‘stuff’.

On a track, surely you just need a tiny, lightweight (i.e. basically a few grams) plate with the thinnest mesh possible on top and a cople of spikes for traction!?

I am now the owner of Nike Air Zoom Pagasus 36, which cost me the equivalent of £49.2

3 Likes

I got a pair of 35s last week for £50 which I will be trying out tomorrow.
Let us know how you find the 36s.

Judging by the reviews, the 36 is almost identical to 35, apparently big change expected with 37

Strangely in the same store, the 35 had a 30% discount, while 36 had 60%, maybe it was the pale green colour

Haha the colour always has an affect on the price :smiley:

I went for the stealth all black ones so if i don’t get on with them I can still wear them for knocking about in.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Why aren’t those pink NEXT% £20 in men’s sizes then?

1 Like

Wore my vaporflys for 1st time yesterday evening, club 5 mile race

30 seconds faster than last year & a PB aged 46 so will take that. They felt great especially on the slight uphills, for some reason.

2 Likes

4 Likes

They look fine; certainly compared to your granddad vest :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Loving the feel of my 36s, first Pegasus I’ve liked since the 29s, hope the change to the 37 doesn’t change them too much, maybe I’ll start stockpiling now

1st run, 26 km easy pace. Great shoes so much better than my old Asics and Hoka Onay Onay. HR avg was 144 (mid Z2) pace was 4:55/km which is around 15s-20s quicker than expected

3 Likes

What are Hoka Onay Onays?

HOKA ONE ONE

Its just how they are pronounced by Ironman commentators

That’s how they pronounced by everyone, because that’s the name of them.

I’m ‘vaguely’ familiar with the brand. :rofl:

Hmmph, I call the Hooker 11s. Sod them.

2 Likes

Had my first run in my Pegasus 35s and they were nice and comfortable but not as good as my Blue FlyKnits.

I am the owner of
2x 4% in orange (both discounted as I had vouchers from Sport Shoes)
2x Flynits in blue (£55 specials earlier this year)
1x green demon NEXT which I used a 15% code this year.
For me the NEXT is My race shoe but as I work away during the week having 2 pairs makes sense as I simply leave a pair in the flat/office.
If these are any good I could well be going back to Saucony

Whoa there @leahnp we’re missing figures, numbers, cold hard cash … come on!!! :wink: