Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

@FatPom - I’ve sent back three different pair of used trainers to Nike now.

Sorry yes. As Poet said it doesn’t seem to matter :+1:t2:

The 30 day risk free trial only technically works if you signed up to become a Nike plus member when you bought them. But seeing as doing so gets you free delivery, I would presume you did.

I would use them a bit more, and outside, before sending them back. Unless your toes are slamming into the end (in which case, have you tried a heel lock lacing?), I’ve found the 4% and next% to initially feel a little snug when running, but actually that works out to be ideal in thin race socks

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-06/asics-runs-into-trouble-as-athletes-opt-for-nike-s-super-shoe

3 Likes

Thanks all. I definitely did not pay shipping on the shoes and don’t remember signing up for anything either?

The issue is, they feel fine walking around the lounge in running socks but actually running, I can feel my toes at the front of the shoe a bit more and they seem snug around the forefoot.

For reference, I can’t wiggle my toes at all but bizarrely, when I put them on, I can feel a definite gap between the end of my big toe and the shoe. heel cup felt a little loose but I didn’t do heel lock lacing.

I just get the feeling that if I’d ran longer and/or hotter, there would be no room for any foot swelling.
It’s bloody hard to know as I have absolutely no clue how they are meant to feel?

THIS!!! One reason why I sent mine back.

THIS as well.

You can heel lock them and size up, but I think that the “gap” at the end of the shoe would be more noticeable.
I will be ordering another pair in a different size in the coming months to make another decision on them

84% of the field wore Next% :face_with_monocle: :scream:
That is bonkers

1 Like

Cheers mate. Will you go up a whole size or half?

I ordered the UK11 last time, so will probably drop down to a 10.5 and see how they go.
I think that gap is because they are too big, so I will look to go down half a size.

I should have tried on a couple of pairs whilst at the store in Paris - ha ha ha.

I do know I want them in bright pink to go with the Knutsford Tri Club kit :smiley:

1 Like

Well looking at their returns policy it all seems straightforward. I’ve ordered a pair of 10s and will wait until they come before sending others back.

For a pair of short life bowling shoes, I seem to be heavily invested. :laughing:

Interesting podcast on the tech behind this shoe, and why policing stack height is the only practical solution.

They also have an interesting episode on the Salazar doping ban.

2 Likes

I have just been in Hakone, stunning, but the hills are brutal. Its all volcanic I think so lots of very steep hills. There were loads of runners (mainly in groups which seemed slightly odd at the time) out on very windy dangerous roads. I now understand why.

2 Likes

Sounds like a cross between the Falklands & Lanza!

Nearly 1000 posts about a pair of bloody trainers.

2 Likes

Just going to leave this here

2 Likes

haha, I’ll bringing that stat down, way down, at Newport. :rofl:

I own pairs. I’m not going to say my perception is that they’re not a benefit. But the 8.7% is going to be significantly impacted by confirmation bias. Faster runners are, on average, going to be more willing to spend this kind of money for the marginal gain

2 Likes

Completely agree. Just thought it was interesting that Strava was showing some Next% love

Mind you 3 guys lining up next to me at Parkrun this morning all wearing matching 4%s :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, your average charity runner isn’t using these, and there are a huge number of them.

I see an increasing amount at the parkrun.

I’ll have a quick scan at the start line tomorrow of the half, not expecting to see much other than Nike up front.

Jeff