Outlaw half - Nottingham

I DNF’d an Oly that was held in April years ago, after getting to T2, and my hands were so numb that I couldn’t get my shoes on for the run, as I couldn’t actually hold them, let alone do them up!!! :joy:

1 Like

That’s perseverance. That car nearly made it :rofl:

2 Likes

Ha ha ha - absolute idiots!!!

1 Like

In :+1:
Makes sense as I’m in for the full as well. My mate took a charity place about four weeks ago and is possibly kicking himself now :thinking: he’s been fundraising non stop and is still 150 notes short of his target.

2 Likes

Nice one :+1:t2:

What was his charity target?

1 Like

£500 so not unachievable however it is a case of someone asking for sponsorship for something they love doing and have finished before - probably why he is struggling.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I’ve never gone down that avenue.

I suppose if you stump up £200 to cover your own entry it’s not too bad.

I don’t know that many people to ask though! :rofl:

I’m the same. I have done a couple of events to fund raise but events i wanted to do and paid for myself. I was really annoyed by BHF actually, I raised just under £1k for them, in the days before social media. I then asked them if I could have one of the Great North run places before they sell it to a samller charity as it wasn’t far away and there were non-charity starts available, they said no. Ended up raising about £250 for a small charity.

Turns out I’d unsubscribed from OSB emails in January so I missed the March email, doh! (I’ve been unsubscribing from mailing list spam a lot recently so must have done so in haste.) Anyways, I’ve transferred to Outlaw X in September :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Last chance’ emails getting sent out for limited spaces @Poet :wink:

2 Likes

You have Mail :raised_hand:t5:

6:08 Wave.

Should be fun :grin:

All racked closely too

3 Likes

Nice. Are we next to one another number wise then? Where did you see that out of interest? I can’t find anything, and can’t see it in any emails I’ve received

No TTT-ing the bike now…:grinning:

4 Likes

Not a chance I’d be able to hold either of those two wheels!!
I was hoping I might be able to make something up on the run, but @Adam 's 5k this weekend would seem to screw that plan too!

2 Likes

Well at least they wouldn’t be relying on @jeffb

He’d turn up to the wrong Outlaw :rofl:

6 Likes

https://www.outlawtriathlon.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OHN-21-Startlist.xlsx

@Doka is #311

@stenard #318

#319 for me

Should be really fun

Will be desperately trying to cling onto @stenard feet!

2 Likes

Will this be our first proper TT smackdown of the year then? When is it?

1 Like

June 20th - Father’s Day! Just over 4 weeks :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks. Blimey, some big names. Guessing LCB might be the fastest of everyone in the water? Very thankful I didn’t bother entering the Elite wave, which I technically had the time to be able to do. It would have been rather embarrassing!

EDIT - hadn’t thought about the possibility of an “arrival window” on Saturday. Thankfully we are later in the afternoon. I can’t pick up my hire car until Saturday morning, so won’t be getting there until after lunchtime.

EDIT2 - I also had no idea how big Outlaw events were! 1700 people!!

2 Likes