P3 pricing help

Ah ok. My wheels are quite narrow. Would suggest a swap but I have a DI2 so doubt the shift/brake lever combo would work.

No worries mate, all good. :+1:

Three months ago I’d have bought it! Exactly what I want and can’t find in SA, good luck with the sale.

2 Likes

Its a great looking bike. I think 1400 is optimitic. I sold a similar age Shiv 2 years ago with Di2 and Quarq PM and 2 sets of wheels, Reynolds 80/60 and Walker Brothers Disc Rear and 80 front for £2000

Having said that the P3 is a a fantastic bike, and 1400 does represent great VFM. Buyer would need to invest in decent wheels, and may want to add a second hand ETAP groupset

Thanks Matt, that gives me a good guide. The P3 has a good name. I sold a previous TT bike that was years old but the fact that it was a Pinarello and had HED Jet wheels saw it fly out the door.
£1400 I hope is still low enough to get interest but I suspect £1250 -1300 would be where it lands.
My assumption is anyone buying it probably has race wheels and I want to keep the Zipps anyway.
Still thinking haha. In fact it was your Lanza 2022 thread that got me thinking if I really do want to sell!

1 Like

I bought a P2 2010 with PX wheels 80/101 for £900 a few years ago. I sold the wheels separtely (tubular + power for £650!) then sold it last year for £950 with 60/80 wheels (I bought for £350). Used to the money I made to buy a new bike of course!

I think it seems like fair starting point - I would put it up and see what people offer. I used facebook as it’s no fee, I had it on ebay as well + 10% - similar interest on both.

1 Like

eBay is more than that now

Add the Final Value Fee and VAT and you’re looking at close to 13%.

However, you can wait for a £1 fees deal.
They come along fairly regularly.

I’ve recently sold the Zipp 404 FCs (£480 - 10 speed tubular rim brake) and Cervelo (£1,800) I built up…both sold within days :+1:t3:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen a few of those £1 fee deals but when I activate it, it says that it runs out that evening and I haven’t got things sorted…I suspose they have to compete with facebook now so need to push that deal as much as possible.

One factor I forgot about is supply shortages of bikes at the moment. The tri season is just kicking off, and it does look really nice. It would almost be worth sticking it online at 1600 and seeing if there is any interest. The hydraulic breaks are a great addition as TT bike rim brakes normally suck

That’s true. There seems to be a massive bike shortage at the min. My dad was looking for an ebike recently and nowhere had stock.

Worth capitalising on the demand whilst it’s there.

I’m doing the same with my 50 bags of postcrete. Waiting for those autumn storms to take out some fences

1 Like

Blimey. You sold that R5? :scream:

1 Like

Be optimistic, decent condition 2nd hand bikes are like rocking horse shit at the moment.
You can always drop the price but will be sick if you sold it in 1 day.

at £4000 I had 7 people wanted my Giant and it was gone in a week.

Will be selling my Felt DA4 in a few weeks when it has been services, that will only be around £500 though as has had a few dings.

2 Likes

Go for near the price you bought it, apparently bikes are gold dust.

Some good points. I bought it without wheels in March 2017 (from Tri UK) and it was £2000, with a Fizik Mystic saddle (that I sold). Since then I put the Sitero on there and changed the cranks and added a Rotor BB to accommodate Shimano.
Apart from changing chains and bar tape, it’s remained as is.

I’d be surprised if it’s covered more than 2,000kms on the road.

Yup :sob:

Although I do have a really nice front garden wall now.

1 Like

Bugger

How often do you ride that?

1 Like

My garden wall?

I sit on it from 0810 to 0840, then again from 1510 to 1540, staring all the kids down;

“DO YOU LIKE MY FUCKING WALL? WELL, DO YA?”

“Can’t scoot through my garden can ya, now. Twats”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Not any more. The best deal is now 80% off final value fees. The way they’ve integrated payments and cut off paypal means its all changed.

2 Likes

You built a wall just to spoil children’s fun. I have a new found respect for you. :facepunch:

4 Likes