Podcasts - watcha listening to?

He’s not a fan of fat-adapted racing that’s for sure! Smashing away carbs continuously seems to be his plan. I often struggle to take more than a single gel during a marathon.

1 Like

Marathon talk is back - apparently. Yelling plus an American female presenter.

1 Like

I thought from the photo they posted it was Simon Cowell presenting

1 Like

Yep, with Deena Castor, American Olympian. Taster episode up. Glad it’s back.

Thank the Lord Holly Rush isn’t back.

2 Likes

You mean Holly “it’s the shoes, the shoes, THE shoes!!! Oh ASICS have a shoe now, nevermind” Rush

1 Like

The very one!

I genuinely think she’s one of the most irritating people I’ve ever listened to.

I’m glad MT is back, though. The early episodes were great.

I don’'t think I’d heard her speak before, so I was intrigued and went looking on YT. She doesn’t really come up for air very often, does she!

2 Likes

What’s the format?

It seemed to have become just about interviewing obscure people in recent years.

Not sure, but it seems a bit more focussed on the marathon majors.

Has anyone tried the pink flamingos Haunted UK podcasts?

They’re terrifiying. Nodded off a few times to them and have very disturbing dreams. Wake up to the freakiest stuff. All purportedly real events. Well put together

I made it to 6 minutes in on the Episode 0 of the reboot released today, before I had to switch off.

Will try again with E1 when it is released.

I think it’s paid for/sponsored/promoted by Abbott world marathon majors so I guess it will slant towards them.

I loved the early original MT podcasts but just drifted away after a couple of years or so. The only episode I’ve listened too “recently” were when Tom did his last show.

2 Likes

Anyone listened to the new MT podcast? Pretty painful listening really. Seems to be more about blowing smoke up the arse of people with enough money to globe trot for a run. Then DK drawing strength from the people of Ukraine to run a marathon :roll_eyes:

Been listening to Runners on Trail with two guys from Bristol. One is really interesting to listen to but the other guy is annoying AF and just keeps interrupting. Gave up in the end.

Yep, gave the new episode a go.

Pros: doesn’t have Holly Rush

Cons: it’s very dull, and seems to be working solely at the behest of its sponsor.

Give it a couple more episodes and will call it quits.

I listened to it avidly when it first started as I know Tom W. Stopped listening to it after only a couple of years or so and just listened to the odd episode such as the Comrades Ultra ones.

Saw it was coming back. Saw it was sponsored by the marathon majors. Then saw that “Episode 1” is out now or something like that the other day - so have they forgotten about their history? I have no plans to listen to this at the moment (as I only listen to podcasts when running or doing work in the garden - and I’ve enough in my queue already) to see if the mention the old MT much or not.

1 Like

Was going to try it, but the latest episode is an interview with Sky Sports Creative Director…?!

What the.

Listened to a Lex Fridman podcast with Chris Tarbell an ex FBI cyber crime agent who brought down Silk Road, the first significant dark web black market. That led me on to Chris’s new podcast Hacker & the Fed where he teams up with Hector Monsegur a high profile hacker who Chris arrested, turned informer & later befriended.
Plenty of good, educational & freighting stuff. Like most folks here my life is online & security was pretty sloppy but at least it’s encouraged me to set up 2 step authentication for the important stuff & even thinking about FIDO.

3 Likes

Cycling Tips Podcast is imploding :worried:

Caley Fritz fired a few weeks ago & now Iain Treloar, José Been, Jonny Long, Abby Mickey and Kit Nicholson have resigned.

1 Like