Politics

What happened to all the independents in the local elections? Used to get a choice of about 13 different whackies, but only the 3 main parties on my ballot sheet this time.

1 Like

Aren’t the three main parties whacky enough for you?

3 Likes

:grinning:

Neil Parish eh?…

Fuck me. Now that’s embarrassing :see_no_evil:

Just after tories outed about Angela raynor thing. Yikes :grimacing:

Shame it wasn’t JRM. I think (his) Nanny gives him his thrills.

3 Likes

Yeah that shit is whack

Tbf who didn’t fancy their baby sitter :see_no_evil: - ewwww :confounded:

Interesting fact. Our baby sitter went on to work for Mick Jagger

1 Like

Hard to make something more ridiculous up, but a tax haven firm owned by Tory donors, based in the British Virgin Islands owns the new HMRC office….

About 9,000 HMRC tax officials are moving to a UK office that is owned by Tory party donors through an offshore company based in a location, the British Virgin Islands, dedicated to minimising taxation….

It’s becoming a bit of a joke….

7 Likes

Wasn’t Geoffrey Cox also working privately with BVI interests when he was supposed to be Attorney General…

1 Like

We’ve got 2 seats up for grabs in our ward of Lambeth council and Labour, Tories, LibDems and Greens have got 2 candidates each and that’s it. No independents or crazies at all here.

1 Like

We have Leeds CC and our town council, the town council is usually lead by local independents.

1 Like

Nothing around here. Our MP is always trumpeting local authority (Council) stuff as his own endeavours :roll_eyes:

Just cast my vote. As everyone’s said, a small list to choose from but there was a candidate from a local residents association

2 Likes

Ours does he same

1 Like

Ours is a Tory yesboy. Yours?

Same, well yeswoman. Thick as :pig: :poop:

Not saying it is how she became a candidate but she was working in the office of a married Tory MP from daarn sarf and had an affair and got pregnant, they’re bw married. Still not afraid to judge others on their morals though. I think she came here as she is very brexity and our area although historically Labour is overall pro-brexit. Now brexit is done (well all but the practicalities :joy:) she has moved on to being very anti ‘woke’. She writes articles in a sympathetic local rag with lots of words but not much content.

1 Like

Ours is the Tory party chairperson. Ultimate yes person.

You’re in Raab’s constituency? So true blue vote I’m sure!

Interest rates also up again today to try and stop inflation that might peak at 10% later in the year! Not enough to benefit savers but it’s going to hurt a lot of people already struggling and I’m sure the BoE don’t want to make a lot of people homeless or defaulting on their mortgage.

3 Likes

Yeah the scumbag.

I think he had about 3000 votes over the Lib Dem candidate in 2019 - they had a massive push too

I don’t think there’s any reliable prediction that 10% later in the year is the peak, just that it will likely reach 10% due to the already known fuel increase then, it can still go higher later, although that would probably need more fuel problems which are unlikely, especially as the overall economy will be shrinking.

1 Like