Politics

It’s insane isn’t it? I mean will there be border checks?.. I just think it’s daft, unworkable and just totally pointless tbh

2 Likes

I might have to move to scotland for a bit, when it happens grab a “scots” passport as they will offer them, then free EU travel. win win :wink:

4 Likes

How long would Scotland have to wait before being allowed to join the EU though?

3 Likes

Ages isn’t it? There’s the currency issue too.

The only support for sure from Europe will be from Catalonia lol :laughing:

1 Like

Was IndyRef1 supposed to be once in a generation unless there’s a major constitutional change?

2 Likes

The EU won’t embrace Scotland with open arms; there are too many members that don’t want this as an example of secession. But Sturgeon won’t dwell on practical issues (again see Brexit) and will just talk about the magic money tree and free stuff for everyone.

I feel like this is Sturgeon trying to out-do Alex Salmond; it’s a real hobby horse for her.

3 Likes

Brexit.

3 Likes

Not long if England invade…

4 Likes

There are still Scottish nationalists (okay, Celtic supporters) that hate England because of 300 years ago. Yet I bet they don’t have a problem with the Germans or the Japanese…

2 Likes

Spain won’t have it lol

Well that was Brexit

And increasingly the Chinese

As in Scots don’t like Chinese?

Independence is a no-go subject in SiL’s house. She’s Pro, husband is against. My wife is against it; as was my MiL I think.

1 Like

Given we can’t even get anywhere with NI I can’t see how this can be resolved.

And I doubt the EU will let Scotland in anytime soon until issues like that are sorted. There’s border checkpoints with Switzerland

2 Likes

No soz I misread - thought that meant as in the Germans and Japanese living here voting against

So how will Defence be managed? For example.

1 Like

There’s more and more rumblings from the other border on the left as well. If the Scots were successful, i wouldn’t be surprised to see that voice getting louder. Most people think Drakeford is a waste of a sack of meat as well, so there may be either an opportunity for a populist nationalist to challenge him, or if he fancies it, to leave a legacy!

1 Like

If memory serves me correctly, lots of tartan, face paint and very angry shouting.

8 Likes

It’s a wall not a fence

4 Likes

They’ve got loadsa nuclear subs innit :+1:t3:

2 Likes