Press fit BB

I’ve has success with Praxis, and Rotors, even the Wheels Mfg durlin adaptors work pretty well.

Praxis for me (although I fitted the Campag version that has no bearings in the BB as they are on the crank). The Wheels Mgf and Rotor were for Shimano on the P3.

1 Like

I’ve got an adapter you can have if you want it, the Wheels Mfg one

4 Likes

That’s very generous mate. Do that go in place of the PF ( directly into the frame ) or does it fit inside the PF?

Fits inside the BB30 bottom bracket to shim it for the 24mm axle on shimano chainsets.

2 Likes

That’s what I use.
They’re good, unsure if they ever “slip” though?
I’ve never felt it.

Oh, the bearings are an utter PITA to remove from the Exocet :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: Sweet!!

So just to be clear, you use the 24mm shims inside a Press Fit BB?

You take out the BB30 bearings, replace them with the adapter. 24mm crack goes inside the adapter.

This is usually predderable to the BB30 setup as unless the adapter is total crap you will get better bearing alilgnment.

@Doka So have I misunderstood this? I took it to mean the shims go inside the BB30?

There are different types but you really want one like this:

This goes in place of the BB30 bearings and has the bearings installed in it so alignment is guaranteed.

The alignment of BB30 housing is notoriously bad hence the creaking.

3 Likes

No creaking on my Exocet (only as it buckles under my now immense weight!)

I use the plastic ones @r0bh posted above and they’ve been ace.
No need to take the bearings out, just slide the plastic shims right on and whack on the lovely Shimano cranks.

1 Like

Next time your chain is off show us how well your crank spins :wink:

1 Like

Yep, the shims worked fine for me. TBH the BB30 I had in my old Focus Cayo was faultless, was still running smooth when I ditched that frame after 8 years of service. And never had any creaking or anything

2 Likes

Oh!!! Is that why it does that :joy::face_with_peeking_eye:
I thought it was fooked last time I waxed my chain.

Maybe I’d go faster with a proper one?

Link us up to that SJS Cycles one

1 Like

I replaced my pressfit with a Token Ninja which stopped the creaking.

This would work for BB30 to 24mm axle

3 Likes

Creaking BB / potential extra resistance versus two days of central heating :wink::joy:

That was just the first thing that came up on Google for a picture of one, dont know if that particular one is any good but also sure it would be fine. If you want money no object one get a Hambini one, if it’s less than 50-60 quid then you can be sure the bearings are cheapo not SKF or RHP etc.
Reportedly some of the tour teams replace from new with Hambini bottom brackets.

2 Likes

Praxis

/thread

1 Like

Had a quick look yesterday at the Exocet and it has just a pair of bearing’s instead of what I would recognise as a bottom bracket. I’m guessing this is correct I’ve just not seen it before.

1 Like

Yup. That’s correct.
Ball ache to get out.
The plastic cups just fit straight over them.

1 Like

Unless they are a bit worn :grimacing:…my non-drive side just pulls out with my fingers :disappointed_relieved:. Got some new bearings and loctite to try and fix it for upcoming zwift season.

I’ve got the BB30 plastic adaptors on my Cannondale road bike and never had any problems with them, nice cheap and easy solution.

2 Likes