Pro race chat (Tri)

FFS 30s penalty for Brownlee when he finally seems to be pacing a run

1 Like

What happened to Sam?
Rookie mistake from AB getting a dismount penalty

Another transition error apparently, I didn’t see it.

Looked like the bike wasn’t braking as expected for AB

:eyes::eyes:

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

I wonder if the penalty was a factor, stopped for 30s, blasted out angry, calf goes twang.

2 Likes

Hard to say isn’t it, didn’t look aggressive.

Maybe more a passive quit. Maybe trying not to injure himself more or like the commentators say he tore something. But he looked fine to me walking off the course with Astle.

Long looked like he’d won the race crossing in second.

Youri was reporting the easiest HR on the run then dies over the line :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Hopefully his ankle pain is nothing too serious. He was looking good and controlled before taking the penalty.

Great running from McNamee.

1 Like

As soon as they came into T2 I thought Brownlee was a bit close to the line. Rewound it and yes he was. At least in the interview he said if he was over then it’s a valid penalty. When the interviewer asked if he was over the line he correctly said something along the lines of “you tell me, I’ve not seen the slow-mo replay.”

As for McNamee who is a pasty Scottish chap who apparently has porridge every day for breakfast handling the heat really well that is impressive. I like that he just flies under the radar, doesn’t really do any socials and then puts in some solid races.

6 Likes

Finish of the women’s Amstel Gold :scream:

Summary

Sprint finish, Wiebes looks over right shoulder and starts celebrating miles from the line, let’s Voss sneak up on her left and take it.
This happens a few times every season, why do they never learn :thinking:

3 Likes

Or “how to throw a race…” for the bookies/personal relationships or whatever…

2 Likes

:policeman:

https://forum.tritalk.co.uk/t/pro-cycling-live-will-contain-spoilers/

3 Likes

Sorry, guilty as charged.
Had been watching the PTO Tri and forgot there was a separate thread.

1 Like

Yeuri off to hospital with an IV drip

:disappointed:

3 Likes

Anyone following IM Texas? Seems to be a decent British turnout.

Fenella & Kat going well

Looks like Skipper had a poor swim but is moving through the field, Horsfall there as well.

6 Likes

5 mins drafting penalty for Kat I’m hearing

4 Likes

Dang is that on now?

Cast to Apple TV now - cheers. There I was watching a Sanders YouTube episode like a chump…

Oh Lord the welch is doing my head in straight away. Sound going off I think.

4 Likes

Comments seem to suggest Kat had a 5 min stop go penalty?

Edit: Ah, read the thread Joe, it’s only two posts FFS.

3 Likes

Hmm, Lange 13 mins back at the first run mat, I wouldnt be too confident if I was Marquadt,

Wilms following Lagridge into T2, think Ive seen her race before, Dutch isn’t she?

2 Likes

What is the lead guy doing with his left arm, playing the drums!

Slipper going backwards?