Pro race chat (Tri)

Svensk down but not out. Too much speed into a 180 and partly took out Visser.

No. My money is still on Kat M who is now riding in second 3:46 behind

3 Likes

Trirating has Kat’s predicted run as 2:52 and Fenella’s as just under 3:07……

Edit: at Texas a month ago Kat ran 3:00 and Fen ran 3:21.

1 Like

Sound like Kat had received a red card for an illegal pass

1 Like

In other news, in the Poland race semi-final #1 is underway. Dickinson was second out of the swim (i think) and Milner was about 20 seconds or so behind, then missed his bike in T1 and had to turn back.

Races are live on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/@LabosportPolska

Brownlee is in the second semi final.

The big race is at 4:30pm UK time.

Ouch. Maybe she’ll be on the next plane to the T100 in San Fran next week after all.

Just reading a comment on the ironman chat feed (I guess from an armchair warrior like us) they wrote:

" Els with Kat behind entered ‘no passing’ zone with AG riders ahead. Els banged on brakes. Els race ranger red flashed because of that and Kat thought ‘RR red flash I must pass’ and did so. DQ"

1 Like

I have no idea what this means :woman_shrugging:t4:

Is a red card a DQ?
Are they a “new” thing?

1 Like

Dickinson 1st, Milner ran up to 3rd in the first semi-final. Brownlee does his bit next then we get a few hours rest.

The winning time was around 23 minutes.

3 Likes

Yikes, was wondering why she had vanished from the tracker

1 Like

She has fessed up on her Instagram that the DQ was deserved and her fault.

2 Likes

Shame. I’d assumed it was a tracker problem for a while.

Looks like Susie Cheetham called it with Hering in the lead and running the fastest pace at 31.4km

Is there a tracker for Poland? I think it kicks off around 4 polish time?

RaceRanger is a drafting zone device on the pro bikes - if it flashes red on the bike in front it means the following bike is in the draft zone and you must do one of 2 things - drop back out of the zone, or make a pass. But making a pass in a no passing zone is a red card, DQ offence. Kat misread where she was so should have just dropped back.

5 Likes

There’s a live stream on YouTube - race is at 4:30uk time. https://www.youtube.com/live/OVwqYXU9LtE?si=OwWD3i7lKxrQPHyF

It’s in Polish so you’ve got a couple of hours to brush up on the lingo.

I didn’t see any live timing but for a 20+ minute race it’s relatively easy to work out what’s going on.

1 Like

Dziękuję

:blush:

1 Like

Feels like given Milner’s obvious run capability and fairly rapid improvements in swim that he’s an outside bet for a decent individual performance with an eye on the next Olympics, but you’ve got to think this kind of error is going to hurt his chances if GB are looking for maybe a safe pair of hands in the relay?

4 Likes

It’s a good point, essentially - do we need to gamble to get medals. I’d say no.

2 Likes

If we had three slots for the men Milner would be worth throwing in as a wildcard. But far too risky to select him knowing he would have to do the relay.

Definitely worth investing in for 2028, though.

2 Likes

And they’re off 400m swim 8km bike can’t grasp the run distance

“We don’t know who is winning, but there is a lot of people.”

Love it.

3 Likes