Pro race chat (Tri)

Hugo Milner had the third quickest run split on the day. He was also right up there in the swim - it was just the bike that let him down (just from looking at the splits). He won’t be able to help Yee in the individual but could be just what we need in the relay…

2 Likes

Post event interview he said he just missed the back of 1st group. Tough decision for Paris. Are there any more selection events?

2 Likes

That’s the last of the races that determine the number of slots for each country and the last time the top athletes will race together. I’ve no idea when the selection for the rest of team GB take place - I’d imagine in the next few days.

1 Like

GB selection was originally going to be straight after Cagliari but has been pushed back a week or two so there are still a couple of racing opportunities left EG Kielce Poland Euro cup race next weekend where Jonny B is on the start list

5 Likes

Reasonable coverage of Challenge St Polten

3 Likes

Proper swim at Cagliari, that should be training material for every triathlete AoS.

Great race although Yee/Wilde dominated the run, a lot of names in the chase group.

Can’t find the results published online but another GB male not
Milner, deserves a mention…who was it? EDiT Stapley first Brit out of the water, but had a bike mechanical later.

Puncture for Blu a disappointment, Berger and Luis not able to cut the mustard.

Wilde has qualified for NZ 5000m team interestingly.

6 Likes

Just watched the highlights, thought both races featured folk jumping the start.

1 Like

Just had a look through my TO eyes. Men’s start was fine but seemed to be an early starter in the women’s race but no swim penalties showing on the results so it wasn’t thought to be an issue by the Ref

2 Likes

Looks like the GB men are going to try and prove to themselves who deserves a spot in Paris at this weekends super sprint (i think) race in Poland. Here’s the GBR men on the startlist:

6 Likes

Milner is a late entry, wasn’t on the start list a few days ago IIRC

1 Like

This is a good read about what’s going on selection wise and this weekends race. It also says that selection is potentially 10 June,

5 Likes

I’d go Coldwell, so close with Waugh I’d choose by age. Preferring 29 over 25 on a career basis, not performance.

Men. I’m not sure Johnny has a good chance at a medal, but a better chance than Dickinson. Milner is a bit of a wild card, if he wins in Poland take him over Dickinson.

Edit - doh just realised we have only two male slots, I’m living in the Brownlee era.

3 Likes

I think the 70.3 pro series continues tomorrow from Boulder, reasonable start time for Uk if strictly or whatever other bollocks doesn’t interest you :joy:

1 Like

Isnt it IM Hamburg this weekend on the pro series?

It is this weekend, not sure it’s a pro series but could be, fairly sure it’s the European championship though

It is, yes.

1 Like

Yeah it’s proseries and can be watched on their site:

https://proseries.ironman.com/races/im-hamburg

1 Like

Doh, this is next weekend :roll_eyes:

I’m having one of those days, I think it’s time for an early night :rofl:

2 Likes

Kat M with a mare on the bike. Broken BTA bottle that she had to try to sort on the roadside. Dropped to 8th now.

2 Likes

In the bag already for Langridge at 69km on the Hamburg bike course?