Pro race chat (Tri)

Talked about a lot in the past.

Just imagine a comma or slash: near, miss.

Iirc some industries use ‘near collision’ now.

1 Like

She went around the cone on the left hand side? I’d say that’s a pretty clear centre line?

1 Like

Kin ell!!!

That’s horrific :exploding_head:
Way over the cone and a definite DQ.

Also, those subways during the run would explain why the run is coming up ~500m short on GPS tracks :white_check_mark::+1:t3:

1 Like

coned line - she could argue it’s imaginary but it’s clearly coned for a reason! anyway she didn’t get a DQ so moot point

On a more lighthearted note, watching Jackie Herring get onto the podium post race is good (8 hours 55 into the stream but the link should take you straight there).

5 Likes

I’m clarifying the rule for the purposes of humour, not the particular event. And that is the wording of the IM rule…

4 Likes

Impressive splits from Hering at Hamburg.

6 Likes

Kat Matthews posted on instagram that she’s on her way to San Fran.

6 Likes

Long flight that.
Plenty enough time to revise the rules and what flashing red lights mean :rofl::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Vincent Luis not happy about being left out of the French team for the Olympics, but it was always going to be one of Conninx/Le Corre/Bergere/Luis missing out

11 Likes

Feel for him as Tokyo 2020 was his peak opportunity and then Covid happened. I suspect he would do really well at T100 and HIM.

5 Likes

I suspect Jonnie Brownlee may be feeling the same soon

7 Likes

I think the announcement on the GB team is imminent.
We had an email yesterday saying a club session was cancelled because our coach was at Loughborough for the selection meeting.

4 Likes

Yorkshire Tea are furiously checking their sponsorship contracts… :wink:

Yeah feel for Luis and Brownlee, and it’s fair for anyone to spit feathers this week. As long as they shut up afterwards and back the team.

7 Likes

It’s also likely that Luis (and Brownlee) are the named Reserves and anything can happen between now and Olympics race day so they could still be in with a shout of being there. But that’s down to the Nat Fed to decide.

6 Likes

I’m not so sure. Privately yes, but that response just comes across unprofessional and disrespectful to teammates who have been chosen as better than him now. Not about his past achievements, not about “for 104 of you nothing will change” like anything short of a medal is worthless.

5 Likes

Well he is French.

Or that’s what we would have said twenty years ago. Culture has moved on and holding one’s tongue isn’t the done thing anymore.

Heart on sleeve to the world 24/7 ask forgiveness later…maybe.

I am struggling to promote myself and the confidential things my team do on social media at the moment, I fucking hate it. But I’m an asshole if I don’t apparently. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I agree with this. Be disappointed, yes. Even publically, and tbf he did back his team.

But the 104 thing and the ‘Vincent isn’t needed any more’ comes across as very petulant.

7 Likes

I suspect Luis will feel similar in a few days.

2 Likes

USA:

Knibb, Spivey, Kirsten Kasper
Morgan Pearson, Seth Rider

How to solve a problem like Gwen vs Katie by picking neither of them!

3 Likes