Pro race chat (Tri)

Looks like she learned that soloing isn’t worth the effort though.

Always great to watch Duffy smash it.

1 Like

6 Brit females in the top 10 and a couple more not far outside - looking strong for the future. But outside Alex Yee and maybe JB, where are the British men?? It’s looking at lean times ahead.

Be interesting to see how the 6 Brit Juniors get on at the World Junior Champs in Portugal this weekend. I know 2 of the lads and 1 of the girls so wishing them on.

2 Likes

Just caught up this morning. 7 in 12 for the women, 1 in 20 for the men.

First time watching a pro ironman in quite a while. The coloured swim caps is certainly very helpful to add an much easier level of understanding about where some of the key players are.

The Lion and Cam having a great first quarter of an hour of swimming. Can they maintain…

Wpro lead there with perhaps the worst T1 I’ve ever seen!

Yeah, I know. Even I knew the donut thing for arm warmers in my first tri!

1 Like

I’d thought I’d read stuff about better coverage recently. Back to the shit “one cyclist in shot with no context” coverage.

So we see Lionel pass Gustav. 5mins now, and we have no idea if Gustav is just sat at 12m or has been dropped. So so poor

1 Like

Why is one of the female front bikers wearing yellow rubber gloves or what looks like that?

What’s the latest? I’m out of decent signal.

@Symes lot of talk about it being cold (I know, it’s Florida, it’s not properly cold etc) but I’d imagine gloves for that.

1 Like

Consensus is heavy duty gardening gloves

1 Like

Wurf dropped out before halfway on the bike. Apparently ill.

Iden and Sanders now running shoulder to shoulder through about 3 miles on the run

1 Like

Iden and Sanders are together but neither is running. Iden is jogging, and Sanders is hitching/gurning.

Both knocking out 5:3x miles mind….

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Both through 13 miles in 1:16 :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I was going to post that Iden is getting a paced training day, but looking at those splits The LION is definitely trying to take him into the hurt zone and break him.

Good head to head this.

1 Like

Lionel cracks!

Flooding in America due to Slowtwitchers tears

12 Likes

Gustav on for 2:33 per the projections on the app. Crazy fast for a first time.

Edit - crazy fast full stop. He’s on for the fastest run split ever (course accuracy questions in all races aside)

2 Likes

I remember a 22 year old Mike Tyson knocking Trevor Berbick out in 2 rounds, the commentary when the count reached 10 was ‘And we have a new era in boxing….’

Reilly should call Iden over the line in the sabe way.

He’s unbeaten over any distance above Olympic?

1 Like