Pro race chat (Tri)

Yeah but come on. That was swim biff rather then Dirty Harry’s antics but much more importantly AB dunked Chase mcQueen. Chase FFS, he should be dunked at every race by everyone.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yee vs Wilde on WTCS B run. Luis pulled up.

(Looks like GTB already won the women’s)

2 Likes

Strong finish there.

Was going to watch on iplayer or live catch up but thanks to our dear friends at the BBC the results were the first thing I saw, wonderful

Very clever by Yee. Sit in for 3 laps while Wilde does all the pushing and they drop the field then he surges ahead before a feed station and fetches a bottle of water for Wilde.

Sporting, but a great way of saying ‘I’m comfy’.

Luis injured? I switched on literally at the moment they showed Luis stopped and leaning on the fence.

3 Likes

I thought that. He barely put the bottle to his lips. He can’t have even got any water in his mouth. That was a very subtle move.

Luis seemed to be having his pulse taken when he stopped. After leading the swim, he seemed to be fiddling with something on his bike and then jacked in the run. Maybe it was his HRM he was trying to adjust and he had worrying high HR. Has he had covid recently?

8 Likes

Fantastic run race, bit of a bore to that point. i guess Alex and Hayden will be the Gomez Brownlee of this generation, both really down to earth as well.

2 Likes

Alistair out & Joe in for the sub 7.

2 Likes

As good a place as anywhere, @joex mentioned Skippers podcast on another thread and I’d never bothered when it was mentioned on here before as I thought it would grate, well I was correct. two blokes being blokeish but I’m not sure sponsors would be too happy, in the first episode he’s telling tales on his soon to be ex bike sponsor QR and another guy who got reprimanded by them for “inappropriate gramming” . Then talk on a rest period after a season being rubbish and quite a bit of mocking of age groupers only doing 8hrs training a week and quite a bit of “I’m not a coach but” talk. Not sure how much more I can take to be fair but he definitely does himself no favours at all. Its great that we see real people sometimes rather than robots, his interviews on IMTalk etc are funny, but not this.

7 Likes

Wow, I’m surprised your accent survived all those years in Oz. Hardwired :+1:

There was a video floating around at IM Austria in 2009 with me being interviewed; no idea if it’s still out there. Sound like a posh Janner iirc, made me cringe hearing my own voice obviously.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve said elsewhere it’s too ‘lad’

The child in me likes it though, I take it for a bit of fun. I like the self-depreciation elements but the piss taking does go too far on occasion

2 Likes

You got a link @Jorgan ?

In my head you’ve got a proper West Country accent - you’re from Plymouth aren’t you?

2 Likes

I’ve had a look, but can’t see it on YT.

1 Like

I tried Skipper’s podcast, that was enough, didn’t finish it.

2 Likes

Yes, and as I’ve said before I think this is good for the sport. Young men need to know it can be fun to be an athlete, not all stoney faced guarded thoughts, script reading and training misery, if we want them to become triathletes.

There’s a line between discouraging prejudice and a total purge. I’m confident they lie on the side of ignorance than malice, so they’ll learn over time. Unlike quite a few sports podcasters out there who are defiant in their prejudices.

Worth a listen for either the sub7 or other stuff. Style isn’t really aimed at M40+

2 Likes

That’s most people on here out then :rofl:

8 Likes