Quality Slowtwitch/IMJ Threads

Good grief, I decided to join a group on FB for the StG 70.3 WC, think I’ll be leaving it soon. Already had the obvious ones around water temp.

And someone who is concerned they won’t make cutoffs! It’s a WC, clearly anyone with the money is allowed to go.

17 Likes

Lol

Haha, yeah I’ve seen those.

Got to admit I’ll be pissed if it’s non wetsuit - and I’ll have to buy a swim skin :rofl:

4 Likes

I have a medium roka swim skin you or Jeff can pack and take with you just in case

2 Likes

Ta, I’ve got a B70 somewhere but Adam might be interested.

It’ll probably be like Nice and the water will miraculously go from wetsuit legal to illegal in a day :joy:

4 Likes

@Adam if you want a swim skin let me know. It still has the tags on

Oh sorry @leahnp i forgot to reply!

Very kind of you I’ll dm you my address - you never know it might be needed!

Thank you

GTN said yesterday that Empfield has sold up to an unknown buyer…?

1 Like

Really? I don’t think his ego would allow that

Cant be worth a lot can it?

1 Like

Wouldn’t have thought so.

1 Like

awaits multi million dollar offer for Tritalk :rofl:

21 Likes

It was the secrecy over the buyer that caught me. Just fits exactly in with their politics though. Can’t stand it.

2 Likes

They’re offering £1 per #sciencefact shared on the site. You’re a rich man indeed.

6 Likes

I think ST has been dying on its ar5e for a few years now, since Empfields cull of any trouble makers.
The problem was many of the trouble makers prompted or contributed to the most interesting and valuable discussions; Coggan being the perfect example - no denying his knowledge and standing in his field but a thoroughly unpleasant individual in terms of his forum persona in debating with anyone who disagreed with him.
Pubes/Kileyay was another - clearly a clever guy who started some of the best threads but after his various time outs for dodgy behaviour was a shadow of his former self.
I used to go and have a look on there most weeks to see if there was anything of interest and would usually get into a long thread on aero or FTP etc but that hasn’t happen for as long as I can remember and stopped looking in the end as there was never anything new.

4 Likes

I refuse to go on that site since they hounded that old guy about cheating and he killed himself, then they set about victim blaming and not taking any responsibility for their actions. Some proper fucking twats on that site

7 Likes

I suspect they will react differently to an American athlete, having decent HIM results coming in off one IM and winning in Kona to a foreign one.

1 Like

I’m not sure it was ST. Wasn’t it Lets Run / MI who led that one and ST commenting from the sidelines.

1 Like

It may have started elsewhere but there was a massive pile on from the ST crowd and they showed 0 contrition after

How did he cheat ?

Topped himself?! Jesus.