course cutting iirc
Meticulously planned course cutting, coming back on course to make sure he went through the timing mats at the right time for his pace. Set mara age group world records doing so.
yes he was a bit more meticulous than the guy at VLM who went through half way in 2 hrs or something and jumped the barrier and did the second half in faster than world record pace ![]()
That’s pretty standard / opportunistic cheating. What this guy did was purposeful and done over many races to achieve world record times which is something completely different.
Doesn’t excuse hounding him until it drove him to suicide.
I heard Peloton was the buyer.
What a internet name.
I need a username….
…. I know, Pubes.
It was actually something Roman, Publius Valius or the like which got abbreviated to Pubes by everyone else.
What else is Peter Ubes going to choose?
There’s a forum I sometimes use where everyone who signed up originally was given a username of their first two initials followed by their surname, so John Edward Smith would be jesmith etc. Later on they let people choose their usernames.
There was one poster Tanya who I assumed was female.
Nope. Mr T A Nya.
I often wonder if Chip aka Record10Carbon is still alive. He seemed to live life on the edge!
I miss Uli Fhume on there, he used to get stuck into Empfield a fair bit.
There’s an absolute doozy on Slowtwitch at the moment, which started as a thread on Lionel Sanders post Kona analysis video and is now some of his acolytes convinced he could mix it in WTCS races. With everyone else going ![]()
I’d love to see him in a footrace with Alex
would need two TV crews
“so then he has to push 400w for 10 min or so to catch the back pack.”
Someone needs to look at at ITU power file if they think “The LION” they can ride 400watts and catch the 2nd pack from 3 minutes down ![]()
They really are clueless on how fast ITU is.
Caught up on that, hilarious. Have outed Adman before?
“ The field day on TriTalk will be glorious ha ha ha. ”
Not sure where this should go.
Ive read that before, “untrained except” was my takeaway ![]()
TLDR; Already very fit young man completes a DIY long distance triathlon ![]()
Did he finish?
Article was boring by about the third paragraph.
yes and iirc wasnt a too shabby time either. for someone that couldnt swim or ride a bike ![]()
Standard triathlete then
Apart from riding through mountain passes on his fixie to get to the grocery store, yeah?
Im just disappointed with his run as he’s an ultra runner and never runs more than 15miles ![]()