Quality Slowtwitch/IMJ Threads

Strangley (or maybe not) at IM Swansea they had a sign up saying the cutoff was 24.5C (76.1F) , I saw it yesterday or the day before on someones media (or was it the IM hightlight video)

Is that an (incorrect) interpretation of the rules a 0.1C difference. :man_shrugging:

Can an organiser set a lower temp if the event is not BFT / WT certified?

I see events saying not certifed or pending… just wondering how that works.

Maybe they phrased it “above 24.5C”, rather than >=24.6C

1 Like

That is what I wondered :thinking:

If it’s a non-permitted event they can do what they want frankly.

But as @buzz correctly interprets, above 24.5C is correct as the rules state 24.6C is the lower limit.

1 Like

Thanks :+1:

And Non-Permitted is the word I was looking for.

I didnt get this last night.. I was just about to go to sleep. Got it this morning.

1 Like

Am I the only one that doesn’t know what a smoothie bowl is?…

What’s a smoothy bowl?

2 Likes

Slow AF clearly extends beyond the legs

“Im no coach but” :rofl:

WCPGW
:roll_eyes:

The best answer is

image

15 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but here seemed like as good a place as any…

I’ve been getting loads of these popping up on my LinkedIn feed:

Get on it!

1 Like

Part of me is tempted; I don’t have anything else going on that afternoon. And it’s only been 12 years since my last triathlon.

9 Likes

Either that or spend years poolside with a coach ed pathway over a couple of years minimum leading to another full year at Loughborough and CPD since costing thousands. And still people think that 13hr online course is somehow more impressive as “they are certified by Ironman”. Still safe in the knowledge that at least I’m insured and have legal protection unlike Ironman™ coaches :wink:

2 Likes

Your way sounds much harder. And doesn’t have the word IronMan in the certification.

I’m going to do the 1 hour seminar that LinkedIn fed me, and start my business from there.

How hard can it be? I don’t think it needs all that ‘experience’ nonsense anyway. Especially not in the world of AI.

:winking_face_with_tongue:

8 Likes

On the basis that our my Mother couldn’t swim, hated water and was terrified of it but taught my sister and I to swim by standing in the pool and watching what the other mothers were doing, pretty damn easy! :wink:

2 Likes

I may have done the certification had it not been that I would have to keep paying them every year for life if I wanted to stay Ironman certified. Training Peaks is just as bad. If I want to put a generic plan on their platform, I cant do one for “Ironman or Half Ironman or use 140.6 or 70.3” unless I’m Ironman certified and my fees are up to date, so I had to say “long distance triathlon plan”, and no one will ever find it in a search as everyone will search for “ironman”

scam :wink:

1 Like

You’re eminently overqualified. :grinning_face:

4 Likes

7 Likes

FFS

2 Likes

I think someone might struggle this year at IMW. Why don’t people just learn basic stroke mechanics so that they can swim safely before entering an ironman

6 Likes