Quality Slowtwitch/IMJ Threads

So what’s the answer :wink:

Magnetic North Pole or some trick question?

2 Likes

Milton Keynes.

Well there’s more than one answer…
Ttowel very sensibly would not be baited though

2 Likes

from memory… there’s the North Pole like Jeff said

and then a sneaky answer which involves starting just over a mile North of the South pole, then travelling a mile south to the exact spot where a “mile west” will be a complete circumnavigation, and then the mile north takes you back to the start again.

And its even worse than that because you could start a bit nearer the South Pole so that your “mile west” took you round the pole twice, or three times, or any integer number of times. So basically an infinite series of latitudes which can be defined mathematically, trending to 1 mile from the South Pole

Probably was quite sensible to keep the conversation focussed on Kona

7 Likes

We’ll let you confirm both of those, you can put all those clothes on you were going running in yesterday :joy:

4 Likes

Wasn’t Ttowel in that program “Britain’s Hardest” in the early 2000s, presented by one of the Mitchell brothers from EastEnders?

I seem to recall him telling us how he made it to the final, but the final task was to have a fist fight with the other finalist. Unfortunately the other finalist was a MMA fighter, so it didn’t end well :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Maybe they should have had it at the end of a 30 mile hill run :tipping_hand_man:

3 Likes

LOL or 3 hours at 15% on a treadmill

2 Likes

He did really well till the end were he met a ginger haired kick boxer UFC type… IIRC.

Class athlete, but he was never winning that fight.

2 Likes

haha, I was close! Markie R, there’s a name from the past, he had a lot friends that are dead now!

1 Like

Yes I remember watching it! He said he got mugged off by the TV company basically.

1 Like

Now who was the guy who threatened to put markieR with all his friends? Didn’t he have to change his identity :wink: :rofl:

Apparently in person markie was a great guy.

1 Like

Can’t quite remember. Was it Garytri or something similar? Or am I thinking of someone else?

GaryTri whatever happened to him @Mungo2 :rofl: I hear you and Mark are best buddies now.
He was a screw also, Durham iirc.

Never met him

Thank duck

No wonder the outside world think we’re heartless, selfish violent (unts.

Really don’t care what he was like in real life he’s was a prick

The end.

2 Likes

Dont mince your words :rofl:

5 Likes

I started lurking on here, well TT1.0 around 2006 and remember it all kicked off about swimming. One T.I. advocate became quite unpleasant iirc.

I vaguely remember that. TI back then was the ‘plant based’ now, very evangelical.

I joined on Xmas Day 2005. Back the Xmas Day was pretty quiet for us in Oz. Surfing in the morning, cold lunch together etc. I think i joined because I’d wanted to enter IMUK but couldn’t get the leave from work in the end.

2 Likes

No, MarkieR worked in the Nissan plant in Sunderland. He was ex-army

2 Likes