Rant rant rant

COLD SHOWERS :rage:

WHY DO FULLY GROWN ADULT MALES STILL SPRAY LYNX ALL OVER THE CHANGING ROOMS AND THEIR BALLS?

WHY DO THE SAME DUDES THEN DRY THEIR DANGLIES WITH THE HAIR DRYER, WITH AN ALPHA MALE STANCE OF ONE LEG COCKED UP ON THE SIDE LIKE A DOG URINATING AGAINST A WALL?

OH BUT WHY?

1 Like

WHEN YOU FORGET TO TAKE YOUR TOWEL TO THE GYM, AND HAVE TO BLOW DRY YOUR SCROTUM & ANUS

4 Likes

I MUST GO TO THE SAME GYM AS POET, ALL THAT AND MORE :frowning:

1 Like

DON’T WEAR FLIP FLOPS WHEN DUMPING RUBBISH INTO A SKIP IN CASE YOU SLIP AND RIP THE BASE OF YOUR RIGHT FOOT ON THE SKIP RAMP. WHO WOULD DO THAT EH? :thinking: FUCKING IDIOT. :scream:

5 Likes

NO, hope it recovers Doka

I’ve had a week of sulking & i’m over it now, looking forward to a week in the sun & spectating the rest of my buddies that are racing. Had an op planned for end of September after IM Wales but looks like I will be able to get it moved forward. I was still going to do the swim & was looking forward to that but it turns out I’m insured for the race fee loss with pedal cover so won’t be doing the swim either as I need a DNS to qualify.

2 Likes

There’s other races
You have one body
Enjoy…

Shit man that sucks. I have been there. Make sure you get a DR’s note saying you can’t do IM. That’s what I needed when I claimed my race entry fee back. They wanted proof of a DNS (link to the results page on IM site was ok showing the DNS) and a medical professional saying I wasn’t allowed to do it. I had a hospital discharge note and the Dr scribbled on the bottom of that.

When I rang pedal cover they said I didn’t need a Dr note, got me a bit worried as your the 2nd person to say that. Might just get one to be sure.

I was with Yellow Jersey so different rules possibly.

Finish work at 8, nip home to see the family. Get to the pool a little after the public session starts and it’s FULL :angry:. YOU KNOW THEY’RE FECKERS DPINH BREASTSTROKE WITH THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE WATER

You should just bomb those fuckers. Full send, launch, tuck your knees right in. BOOM.

Bye Felicia.

3 Likes

ARGH FORGOT MY HRM STRAP, I WILL HAVE TO RELY ON WRIST HR FOR MY SPLIT LONG RUN :expressionless:

1 Like

Did the same yesterday, 20bpm jump after 10mins for the rest of the run. Didn’t do anything to affect “connection” such as tighten strap etc. Later part was probably correct but what was going on for first 10mins I don’t know.

I don’t have a chest strap, only optical on my 935 but I only ever look at HR after. I tend to do all long runs on feel (sometimes pace). What do you do, slow down until you hit the right zone? I’ve never really done it.

Normally yes, to stop me being over zealous. Of course with these blistering conditions we have now, I’ll be walking no doubt.

1 Like

Until you warm up and the blood starts pumping, the signal in the optical sensor is very weak and often gets confused with cadence.

Garmin seems to split the difference between the two signals rather than locking onto the wrong one, so if say you had an hr of 140 and a cadence of 180, Garmin may show 160. Once you warm up the HR signal becomes obvious so the watch can lock onto it and ignore the cadence signal.

2 Likes

Cheers, that’s good to know.

WAZZOCKS WHO REPLY IN THE RANT RANT RANT THREAD

5 Likes