Rant rant rant

Phones are annoying but there is a circle of hell reserved for people who talk during the film. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

My kids say why are you going to the cinema alone, because im going to sit in a dark room to watch a film. Why would I go with someone who might start talking.

7 Likes

Ha ha ha. This too.
MCU MkXVI?
No thanks :raised_hand:t5::stop_sign:

1 Like

Marshmallows on a paper plate :+1: I always go the cinema at odd times and sit in a corner away from others. We hardly go now though and if we do, and it’s daytime, I get a premier just for the space away from others.

3 Likes

Winchester cinema is good. 2 screens, kind of art house, lots of old people who are techno phobic :grin:

2 Likes

So where do people stand on fancy cinemas that serve proper food during the film? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

We go to the Everyman in Manchester

They do serve food and proper drinks before the film starts - we always prefer to eat before going in personally - not too fussed about others eating in their seats as usually all done before the film starts - nobody I have seen then munching popcorn throughout

Don’t tend to get many idiots as a bit pricier than other cinemas in the centre of town

2 Likes

I think it’s better, tends to be quieter and on a plate. I’m not good with noisy eaters, I’d happily exterminate everyone on the earth that does it. If you can’t not touch your phone or shove food in you gob for two hours, then cinema isn’t for (not in my world anyway :smile: )

Which can be a problem for me when we’re in Asia at a noodle bar. Die motherfuckers (with you mouth closed)

2 Likes

Winchester is an Everyman.

I’m still mourning the loss of usherettes selling ice cream from trays.

5 Likes

That was my Mum’s Saturday job and I got to go the cinema every week, as long as the the film was U or A

3 Likes

About 7 weeks ago I tentatively enquired about changing my Maastricht 70.3 to the full distance the following day, thinking it would be a good long session for UTMB if nothing else.

Ironman Europe said to contact the Dutch organisers so I did, heard nothing so sent another email.

Just had an email asking if I was still interested and could change before Wednesday if I want.

As luck would have it I then missed several key sessions and some swimming and I’ve now booked my return tunnel so have said no.

Saved a few hundred quid as well!

Can’t believe they couldn’t reply until now.

5 Likes

Our odeon has a preimer screen. There is a bar before hand, and then special seats. The nachos are unlimited and come in a proper china bowl. Soft drinks and popcorn also unlimited.

Its brilliant. But it closed during covid and hasnt reopend.

3 Likes

I understand it would be churlish not too get some food for the cinema. The GF gets a small bottle of wine, some chocolate - you can get beer at the GFT etc

But, generally I don’t understand why a film has to necessitate having your head nose deep in a horse bucket of salty carbohydrate for the duration?!

The debate will run and run

1 Like

FUCKING INSURANCE COMPANIES

Just had notification that the dog’s pet insurance is due for renewal on 13/8. Looking at it, the premium has gone up by 69%!! WTAF?? He’s 4 years old and in robust health

I made one claim last year for a lump on the dog’s throat that suddenly came up - the vet seemed to think it “might” be a tumour but after investigation it was shown to be just a trauma injury (like a large solid bruise) that cleared up of it’s own accord - the insurers have a copy of the pathology report. (The trauma was probably caused when a bike ran into him at speed 'cos the rider wasn’t looking!) The bloody insurers have it recorded as “tumour” which as a result has whacked the premium up. They wouldn’t offer me a decent reduced fee 'cos of their stupd way of doing things so I have told them where to go and taken my business elsewhere for about the same premium as I paid last year.

7 Likes

Ahhh my wife and I exist on different speed multiverses I’m more hummingbird, she’s more albatross.

Packing to go camping. I’m buzzing around, frantic, getting things done. She’s floating about with all the time in the world. Chatting allotments now with 2 elderly neighbours.

My clear ‘everything is packed and I’m just waiting for you now’ signals are clearing have little to no impact.

We’ll get on the road eventually.

:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Chill dude, you’re on holiday :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:joy:
No can do. There’s stuff that needs doing. Im in full Dad mode! :joy:

I know that on Friday I’ll be up at 0600 pacing around the tent wanting to pack it down whilst everyone is still asleep, not allowed to make any noise!

Weird thing is I’m the opposite when we’re at home!

5 Likes

Mrs W commented a while back that she’s seen a whole different side to me while I’ve been working from home.

Apparently I have a “work” tone of voice when I’m on calls :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Just drive off without her. That will learn her

3 Likes

A mate was taking his parents to the airport, was chating to his dad in the front passenger seat when his dad said “where’s your mum”, quick turnaround needed (holiday saved)

13 Likes