Rant rant rant

Yep, also good to check if she’s a sprinter :grin:

2 Likes

Good grief, considering Germany is one of the richest and most advanced countries in the world their internet is utter crap!

I can get 5G in Stockton! Even 4G here is tedious

3 Likes

My uncle worked part time as a taxi driver to help pay for his daughter’s university.

One night a man and his wife need a taxi. The rear door opens and closes. The man then gets in the front passenger seat. My uncle sets off chatting with the bloke. A couple of minutes later the blokes mobile is ringing with a pretty upset wife on the other end.

Apparently, the wife had opened a rear door to put some shopping bags on the seat while the husband jumped in the front. She then walked around the back of the car to get in the other side but was too slow. My uncle was already off down the road. Neither of them noticed she hadn’t got in :joy:

14 Likes

SUMMER?
Have kids?
are you working from home?

No problem!
Just let the fuckers run around the garden screaming like banshees for 8 hours.
Your “neighbours” (who live eight fucking gardens away) won’t mind.
It’s fine.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

PEOPLE(S) WHO RANT ABOUT KIDS PLAYING IN THE GARDEN IN SUMMER.

17 Likes

They probably said ‘Go and shout at that guy with the howling fucking puppy’ :smile:

22 Likes

Nice pun :face_with_peeking_eye:
Prior to Covid, they’d’ve been at football camp, or similar. And my days would’ve been blissful.

Little to no people on my dog walk.
Little to no cars milling around all day.
Peaceful.

Now everyone is at home, or not going away ‘cos it’s mental at the airport, so everyone is at home disturbing my chi.

Same with all the local hidden “beauty” spots.
Absolutely ruined by Covid.
Now everybody knows the arse end of an elbow.

Need to teach the drive the wife to drive and move here.
No neighbours, road to nowhere with three houses on.
Amazing.

3 Likes

I know it’s all relative, but Hope Valley, well the Peaks generally, is the last place I would call peaceful. It’s beautiful but being surrounded by cities the constant influx of people just ruins it. Getting anywhere is a pain in the arse with way too much traffic for the local roads. Nice house though!

2 Likes

I know that road and Grindleford - I love it :heart_eyes:
But I hear ya!
We went to Hathersage a few weeks back, there was zero parking spots (free or paid) so we didn’t stop.
Managed to get there last week, about 11am, left at 2pm and it was rammed.

I do adore the Peaks and Derbys. Dales though.
It’s being close the cities, but all the good scenery is what swings it. Also; if close to the railway, the trains are ace :+1:t3:
That Northern stopper service used to a crap old pacer, but ran whatever the weather between Sheff and Manchester.

2 Likes

Home made fish cakes. Just not worth the fucking hassle are they. I dont even like fish but others do so I try but fuck me they are a faff.

8 Likes

I could read any further than ‘fish’ :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Im with you. I fucking hate it. Every time I try again I remember, yep tastes like shit.

Makes me laugh that the rest of the fussy fuckers in my household like it.

3 Likes

We make them a fair bit. Not that hard and the kids like them.

1 Like

Who knew that a blister on the side of the foot was even more annoying than one on the ankle or toe! It won’t heal, it’s right where shoe catches it and it’s driving me mad. And do you think I can find a plaster that actually sticks and allows me to get on with life :rage:

4 Likes

Those blister pads work a treat for me?

Expensive though, I get the comped ones.

Gaffer tape :wink:

2 Likes

They don’t work for me. No matter how clean and dry the skin is, they just don’t stick for long enough.

2 Likes

Put micropore tape over the plaster?

This is todays plan. First attempt hasn’t worked. 2nd attempt with a lot more tape hopefully works!

1 Like

The currently predicted rate of inflation seems to be going up greater than the previously predicted rate (is that the whole point of inflation) !

Hopefully won’t be as bad as the Post-World War II hyperinflation of Hungary held the record for the most extreme monthly inflation rate ever – 41.9 quadrillion percent (41,900,000,000,000,000%)

3 Likes