Rant rant rant

Will if we’re talking the highest of culture, i’ve been to the Ba Da Bing in New Jersey :rofl:

3 Likes

And the prices were stoopid

3 Likes

We’ve spent one weekend in Paris, was ages ago now. Remember enjoying the Pompidou museum then sitting outside a bar ordering drinks and people watching for a while.

One thing I would say is don’t go up the Eiffel Tower. Go up the Montparnasse Tower and get a view of the Eiffel Tower

Also get a decent view from the Sacre Coeur which is right next to Gare du Nord

Also wasn’t a fan of the Louvre, it’s too bloody big

3 Likes

Can recommend the musee quay branly , less obvious than the big gun galleries but worth it.

Also the Catacombes if you get the chance, unforgettable.

3 Likes

Went to the catacombs in Rome when I was a kid - never going back!!

:skull_and_crossbones:

Week off booked next week, but nowhere booked to go. And no budget because the wife still won’t budget. Options…

1. Nothing, ie Housework, garden work and training and being told to do things by the mrs.

2. Go some where cheap, ie somewhere shite and listen to them complain all week

3. Take out a massive loan and blow the doors off it, live with the increased debt

I think I’ll hate myself with all three options, to be honest.

4 Likes

Take out a massive loan, go somewhere cheap and buy a new bike? :grin:

7 Likes

Option 4 - get covid. Week taken care of :disappointed:

2 Likes

What are the parameters for a vacation for you? Does it need to be a full on family activities thing? A city break? Somewhere remote, beach etc…

1 Like

Option 4 (alternative): Explore your local area, there’s probably loads to see and do.

2 Likes

There’s another heat wave on the way isnt there? A week in the garden sounds pretty ok!

3 Likes

Fucking Applecross peninsula and the Bealach na Ba pass… every time I go near it with a bike the weather turns to shit. I’m frozen. Type 3 fun. I genuinely wish I’d stayed in bed.

8 Likes

I’ve suggested this before and a balloon made entirely from lead could not descend quicker than that idea did.

I’m thinking like we get £££ per day to spend going out or getting something nice for the house, maybe get a cleaner for the week.

We are about an hour or two from the coast but in 15yrs we’ve been around three times.

Wife wants something that will keep the teenagers and 5yo entertained.

Boy wants to be in a gym all day.

I want to race a 70.3, might do it self supported. Then complain about my legs the rest of the week.

I think a week on the Spanish coast would sort them out, but I agree it’s feckin bakin here already.

8 Likes

Our hamster must be the biggest drama magnet ever!

Huge vets bill when we’re on holiday at Easter. Child gets it stuck in a metal flask, that i have to rip open to free it. Gets out of his ball, right by the open back door, but miraculously decided to head inside and we found him 10 mins later in the sideboard.

At some point during the night he’s got out of his new plastic ‘cage’. Suspect one of the girls didn’t close the clip properly. So i’m working, it’s baking hot and we have all doors closed to compartmentalise the frickin house until we hopefully find him. Eldest is in tears every 30 mins or so. Haven’t heard so much as a scratch so far.

The creepiest thing is she woke up 2 nights ago screaming through a nightmare. Turns out her nightmare was that Tiggy (hamster) has escaped and Pixel (her fave of our 2 cats) had eaten/was eating the hamster. Is she some freaky dream future seeing kid?! :rofl:

11 Likes

Haven’t they just banned air con, or something in Spain?! I saw some over the top headline from one of the papers banging on about it.

3 Likes

Costa Del Woke!

:laughing:

1 Like

It cant be set below 27c or something. Must be quite hard to police that. All the rags are moaning that British people will “roast”

4 Likes

Don’t get me dreaming…

2 Likes

South Spain. Hire a bike and fuck off into the hills for a bit lol

2 Likes

You need a snake :grin:

1 Like